Regional trends of investment policy in the conditions of transformational processes and globalization changes in countries with market economies
The subject of research is global economic development and the features of the regionalization processes of investment policy in countries with market economies. The aim of the article is to study the regional trends of investment policy in the conditions of transformational processes and globalization changes in countries with market economies. Research methods. The methods of abstraction, analysis and synthesis, systematization and generalization were used for definition the conceptual apparatus and the content of the assessment, foundation criteria and indices, classification directions and methods of assessment. Methodology of scientific research is the main principles of the economic theory, world and regional economy in spere investment policy; the works of Ukrainian and foreign scholars and practitioners in this field. The results of the study. In the context of the issue we have tried to show up the current trends of global economic development and features of the regionalization processes of investment policy in countries with market economies. Practical implications. The results of the research may be used in the study of international and regional economy issues. Conclusions. The study shows that, according to forecasts, global flows of foreign direct investment (FDI) will grow to $ 1.85 trillion in 2018 but it’s below the peak of 2007. Potential uncertainty and geopolitical risks may interfere with the restoration and changes of tax policy, which will have a significant impact on cross-border investments. It should be noted that the prospects for FDI are markedly positive in most regions. FDI is expected to grow in Africa and Asia that was attributable to oil price increases and regional integration. On the contrary, the prospects for FDI are lowered in Latin America and the Caribbean this is due to an uncertain macroeconomic and political perspective. While, FDI flows to emerging economies will be able to recover after the growth of their economy over the past two years. It is expected that FDI to developed economies will stabilize in 2017.
2. Global Economic Outlook, October 2017. Retrieved from https://www.imf.org/en/Publications/WEO/Issues/2017/09/19/~/.../2017/.../c1.ashx/ (10.10.17) [in English].
3. Romanova, T.V., (2011). Svitovyi dosvid formuvannia investytsiinoii polityky [The World Experience in the Formation of Investment Policy] Retrieved from http://journals.khnu.km.ua/vestnik/pdf/ekon/2011_3_3/103-106.pdf (17.10.17) [in Ukrainian].
4. Beliaiev, D.V., (2013). Tendentsii razvitiya pryamykh inostrannykh investitsiy v usloviyakh globalizatsii [Tendencies of foreign direct investment development in the conditions of globalization]. Molodoy Uchenyy [Young Scholar]. no. 5. (2013). pp. 253-263 Retrieved from http://moluch.ru/archive/52/6718/ (12.10.17) [in Russian].
5. World Investment Report, 2017. Retrieved from unctad.org/en/PublicationsLibrary/wir2017_en.pdf (17/10/17) [in English].
6. Kearney, A.T., (2017). Foreign Direct Investment Confidence Index. Retrieved from http://www.southeastasia.atkearney.com/paper/-/asset_publisher/dVxv4Hz2h8bS/content/id/12144849 (02/17/17) [in English].
7. Commision staff working document on the movement of capital and the freedom of payments. Retrieved from http://www.europarl.europa.eu/RegData/docs_autres_institutions/commission_europeenne/swd/2017/0094/ COM_SWD(2017)0094_EN.pdf (17/10/17) [in English].
8. Kostik, Ye.P., (2017). Sovremennyye tendentsii mirovogo yekonomicheskogo razvitiya i osobennosti protsessov regionalizatsii investitsionnoy politike v stranakh s rynochnoy ekonomikoy [Сurrent trends of global economic development and features of the regionalization processes of investment policy in the countries with market economies]. Ekonomíchniy vísnik uníversitetu DVNZ «Pereyaslav-Khmelnytskyi derzhavnyi pedahohíchnyi uníversytet ímení Hryhoríia Skovorody» [Ekonomіchny Bulletin of SHEE «Pereiaslav-Khmelnytskyi Hryhorіi Skovoroda State Pedagogical University»]. no. 32/1. (2017). 136-145 [in Russian].
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.