Management of external debts of Ukraine with account of experience of different countries of the world
The subject of the study is the financial relations that arise between the state and other economic entities in the process of attracting, distributing, using and repaying the state debt of Ukraine. The purpose of the work is to identify the main problems of public debt management in Ukraine based on an analysis of its current state, as well as in the scientific substantiation of the conceptual foundations for improving the mechanism of public debt management and its maintenance in modern conditions. Methods which were used in course of research: generalization, comparative analysis method, statistical method and other methods. Methodology of work. The work is based on the research of modern scientific views on the definition of the essence of the management of the external debt of the state.Results of work The attention was paid to theoretical views of scientists on the definition of the essence of the concept of «government debt management»; Deepening the definition of the term «public debt management», which emphasizes the reduction of risks and the maintenance of debt security of the state in the course of debt management; the features of public debt management in different countries of the world are defined and the main directions of improvement of debt management of Ukraine are outlined. As a result of the study, a number of unresolved problems in the field of debt management were found. Proceeding from this, the conceptual measures on the management of the state debt of Ukraine were proposed. The prospect of further research is the search for methods of public debt management that will reduce the debt burden on the state budget and the economy of Ukraine. Application of results: Ministry of Finance of Ukraine, the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine. Conclusions. One of the most urgent tasks for the Ukrainian Government is the search for rational strategies for managing external public debt. There are a number of unresolved problems in this area that slow down the development of the socio-economic sphere and reduce the authority of the state in the eyes of its own citizens, as well as from other countries and international organizations. In Ukraine, in order to increase the efficiency of public debt management, it is necessary to take the following measures: to improve the normative and legal and institutional provision of debt management; preserve the economic security of the state by shifting priorities towards domestic borrowing; reduce the share of short-term government debt and turn it into a long-term and eternal; increase the efficiency of the investment component of public expenditures; ensure transparency and reduce risks when providing state guarantees; to improve mechanisms of attracting, repaying and servicing of public debt in order to avoid peak payments; develop alternative non-government instruments for financing public expenditures.Consequently, the strategic task of the state debt policy should be to raise funds not only for consumer needs, but mainly for the implementation of innovation and investment development of the economy.
2. Polishchuk, O.V. (2013). The current state and methods of improving the management of Ukraine's external debt – [Electronic resource]. – Available at: //http://jrnl.nau.edu.ua/index.php/imv/article/viewfile/5905/6655 - Title from the screen.
3. Rudenko, V.V (2010). Essence and features of public debt management in different countries of the world – [Electronic resource]. – Available at: http: //ena.lp.edu.ua: 8080/ bitstream/ntb/23349/1/10-61-67.pdf. – Title from the screen.
4. Dolganova, Yu.S. (2011). Discussion Issues in the State Debt Management. Proceedings of the UESEU. No. 3 (35). – PР. 96-101. – Bibliogr.: p. 101.
5. Kovalchuk, S.V. (2006). Finances: Teach. Manual. Lviv: «New World – 2000», 568 p. - Bibliogr: p. 562-567.
6. Chuvakhina, L.G. (2012). Objectives and methods of managing the state debt in the conditions of financial instability. Problems of modern science and practice. No. 3 (41). – РР. 245-249. Bibliogr.: p. 249 .
7. On approval of the plan of measures for implementation of the Strategy for reforming the public finance management system for 2017-2020 (2017). – [Electronic resource]. – Access Available at: http://zakon5.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/en/415-2017-%D1%80. – Title from the screen.
8. The Budget Code of Ukraine (2017). The Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine. Kyiv: Palivoda A.V. 148 p. – P. 12.
9. State debt of Ukraine – the price of the state. – [Electronic resource]. – Available at: http://costua.com/budget. – Title from the screen.
10. Yaremenko, L. M. (2017). The debt component of financial security of Ukraine in the situation of crisis events in the economy. Scientific Bulletin Polesie. No. 2 (10). Ch.1 – P. 120-126. Bibliogr.: 8 titles.
11 Prikazjuk, N.V. (2009). State borrowing: world experience and peculiarities of realization in Ukraine. The stock market. No. 22. – PP. 26-31. – P. 30. Bibliogr.: p. 31.
12. Zimovets, V.V. (2010). State financial policy of economic development. Kyiv. P. 240.
13. Popkova, A. (2010). Management of State Debt in Different Countries. Bankasskie Vesnyk. No. 10. – PP. 34-41. Bibliogr.: 13 titles.
14. Omelchenko, L. S. (2012). Borgovaya security of Ukraine and analysis of its present state. Sb. sciences National University of the State Tax Service of Ukraine. No. 1. – PP. 309-320. Bibliogr.: 13 titles.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.