Introduction of effective trade policy tools for protection of national timber products manufacturer
The subject of research is a theoretical methodological and organization approaches of employing trade policy tools to protect national woodworking industry manufacturers in accordance with the WTO requirements. The article aims at justification of the system programmed measures to introduce of efficient trade policy tools in order to protect woodworking industry manufacturers of Ukraine. This paper used of general scientific: abstract-logical, induction and deduction, systemic approach; analysis, and synthesis and special scientific research methods: statistical comparisons, grouping, sampling (to analyze the moratorium effect on export of unprocessed timber); structure-functional analysis, expert judgments in elaboration of recommendations for effective use of trade tools in the conditions of free trade area with the EU. Research results: assessed influence of various trade tools and their further impact on development of woodworking industry, in particular introduction of moratorium on export of unprocessed timber from Ukraine in 2015; determined the possibilities for introduction of trade policy tools, that will not contradict WTO regulations and at the same time provide protection for a national manufacturer. Conclusions. It is not possible to carry out a strategic aim on reduction of export of unprocessed timber and development deep raw processing inside of the country without establishing an efficient system of trade protective terms for national manufacturers. It supposes the compilation of non tariff (anti-damping, compensatory and special protective) tools aiming to prevent negative consequence of an unfair competition within woodworking industry and strengthening the external international factors: form favorable international image of the Ukraine as a reliable trade and economic partner; increase participation in world integration processes and sign regional trade agreements with account of the national interests; to promote Ukrainian interests in the international trade organizations, as WTO.
2. Derzhavna sluzhba statystyky : http://www.ukrstat.gov.ua/
3. Khlimonenko B. Temnyy lis: yaka rol’ moratoriyu na eksport derevyny v otrimanni dopomohy vid ES // Forbes. – 2016. : http://forbes.net.ua/ua/business/1416995-temnij-lis-yaka-rol-moratoriyu-na-eksport-derevini-votrimanni-dopomogi-vid-es.
4. European Commission, Communication ‘Trade for all – Towards a more responsible trade and investment policy : http://trade.ec.europa.eu/doclib/docs/2015/october/tradoc_153846.pdf
5. A new EU Forest Strategy: for forests and the forest-based sector : http://eurlex.europa.eu/resource.html?uri=cellar:21b27c38-21fb-11e3-8d1c-01aa75ed71a1.0022.01/DOC_1&format=PDF
6. Implementatsiya Uhody pro asotsiatsiyu mizh Ukrayinoyu ta YES: ekonomichni vyklyky ta novi mozhlyvosti : naukova dopovid’ / za red. akad. NAN Ukrayiny V.M.Heytsya ta chl.-kor. NAAN Ukrayiny T.O.Ostashko ; NAN Ukrayiny, DU «In-t ekon. ta prohnozuv. NAN Ukrayiny». – K., 2016. – 184 s.
7. Uhoda pro zasnuvannya Svitovoyi orhanyzatsyy torhovly : http://zakon3.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/995_342/print1452597334512711#
8. European Union Restrictive measures (sanctions) in force (Regulations based on Article 215 TFEU and Decisions adopted in the framework of the Common Foreign and Security Policy) : http://eeas.europa.eu/archives/docs/cfsp/sanctions/docs/measures_en.pdf
9. Forest Legality Initiative : http://www.forestlegality.org/content/logging-and-export-bans
10. Regulation (EU) No 995/2010 : http://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/?uri=CELEX:32010R0995
11. P.V. Kravets’, M.M. Lazebnyk, E.U. Khan’. Zakordonnyy dosvid nalahodzhennya system kontrolyu rukhu y stezhennya derevyny : http://www.fleg.org.ua/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/Zvit_Zakordonnyj-dosvid-kontrolyu-zaruhom-derevyny.pdf
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.