Institute of minimum wage : ukrainian and foreign experience
The subject of research in the article is the Institute of Minimum Wage (MW). The purpose of the article is to determine the role of MW in the Ukrainian economy at the present stage of its development and the prospects of this institution. In accordance with the logic of scientific research, research methods such as theoretical analysis, including consideration of individual features and new characteristics of problems, the formulation of hypotheses, analogies and the evaluation of collected facts, mathematical and statistical methods are used in the article. It is noted that due to its special urgency, papers devoted to remuneration of labor, a large number, but the effects of the use of MW are discussed now. It is stressed that in Ukraine the minimum wage is one of the basic social guarantees; therefore it is used mainly for political purposes, and not as an instrument for regulating the labor market and a powerful factor of influence on the economy as a whole. The points of view of Ukrainian scientists and well-known politicians are presented and summarized, which reflect the attitude of society towards the increase of MW and its consequences. The author of the article defends the need to increase the level of incomes of the low-paid category of workers, provided that a number of other tasks are fulfilled, primarily, to increase supply in the labor market, create conditions for the development of domestic business, etc. The article discusses the position of the ILO on the use of MW. The concept of individual economists is presented, reflecting the foreign experience of establishing MW in the form of models. It is noted that official statistics on the increase in the average wage in the country runs counter to the reality and data of the sociological survey. Alternative measures to increase MW are named. Conclusions are drawn on the need for the state to abandon populist views on MW as a means of combating poverty in the direction of considering it as a regulator of the economy. The accent was laid on the fact that the creation of jobs and favorable conditions for the development of business, as well as tax reform, should precede the increase of MW. It is also necessary to fight more actively against monopoly, corruption, and misuse of budget funds. The materials of the article can be used for further investigation of the indicated problem.
2. Konventsiya ob ustanovlenii minimalnoy zarabotnoy platyi // Konventsiya MOT No131 : www.ilo.org/wcmsp5/.../wcms_c131_ru. htm
3. Minimalnyiy razmer oplatyi truda : https://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minimalnyiy_razmer_oplatyi_truda
4. Blaug Mark. Great economists since Keynes: introduction to the lives and works of one hundred modern economists. Cheltenham (UK), Northampton MA: Edward Elgar Pub., 2nd ed., 1998.
5. Ulanenko B.B., Doronina O.A. Vliyanie modeli minimalnoy zarabotnoy platyi na zanyatost naseleniya v period krizisa : http://jvestnik-sss.donnu.edu.ua/article/download/1483/1512
6. Prozhitochnyiy minimum (Ukraina) : http://index.minfin.com.ua/index/wage/
7. Minimalnaya zarplata (Ukraina) : http://index.minfin.com.ua/index/salary/
8. Minimalka 3200: populizm i avantyura? : http://zik.ua/ru/news/2016/10/28/mynymalka_3200_ populyzm_y_avantyura_ 981439
9. Skarshevskiy V. Prichinyi i sledstviya povyisheniya minimalnoy zarplatyi : https://www.facenews.ua/ columns/2016/ 309904/
10. Paradoks: zarplatu povyisili, no pri etom mnogim snizili : http://kp.ua/economics/567870-paradokszarplatu-povysyly-no-pry-etom-mnohym-snyzyly
11. Pyat realnyih faktov o MZP i bezrabotitse : http://topnews.kr.ua/society/2017/02/10/102387.html
12. Srednyaya zarplata v Ukraine : http://index.minfin.com.ua/index/average/detail.php?2016-01; http://index.minfin.com.ua/index/average/detail.php?2017-01
13. Srednyaya zarplata v Ukraine v fevrale vyirosla na 201 grivnu. : https://www.rbc.ua/rus/news/srednyayazarplata-ukraine-fevrale -vyrosla-1490716913.html
14. Osobennosti otnosheniya ukraintsev k dengam : http://ratinggroup.ua/ru/research/ukraine/osobennosti_ otnosheniya_ukraincev_k_dengam.html
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.