Mobile lifestyle of youth in the aspect of employment
The subject of the paper - mobile lifestyle of youth in the aspect of employment in conditions of the increasing role of new technologies, essentially changing the traditional ideas of mobility.Mobile lifestyle is a comparatively little studied phenomenon, although the development of information and communication technologies significantly changes almost all manifestations of our life. Mobility, network capital, social and humanitarian technologies are becoming substantial conditions for successful employment. The purpose of the article is to analyse results of the sociological project, where youth of Latvia and Belarus became the object of research, in order to determine problems of mobile lifestyle in the aspect of employment through general and special perception of young people of two countries with differing economic systems. General scientific and special methods of cognitionare used in the research; a special place is given to methods of sociological analysis. The results of the sociological project showed that in the two countries with existing differences in economic systems, the problems of mobile lifestyles of youth are identical. The main problem is the asymmetry in types of mobility and underestimation of those that provide employment and high competitiveness. Self-assessment of mobility levels of young people in Latvia and Belarus is very similar and is characterized by comparatively small proportion of those who expressed their level of mobility at high level. The results of the research may be usedin the state management of social and economic development, youth policy. Solving these problems requires formation of the institutional structures, whose functions should include development of normative legal acts, formation of institutional mechanism and an effective system for e-employment monitoring in the countries.
2. Bourdieu P. The forms of capital. In J. Richardson (Ed.). Handbook of Theory and Research for the Sociology of Education. New York, Greenwood. 1986.-p.241-258.
3. FreeWork. Биржа фрилансеров. : https://www.fl.ru/about/
4. Matulionis A., Subačiūtė J.Teenagers With Motor Disability In The Family Social Field. Philosophy. Sociology. T.27, Nr.2. Vilnius, Lithuanian Academy Of Science:J. 2016 – p.183-194.
5. Menshikov V. Capital in Sociological Aspect: Theoretical Bases of Investigation and Operational Parameters. Kultura a Rynek. Lublin: Wydawnictwo KUL: 2008. – p.180-186.
6. Menshikov V. Kopkapitals, tastrukturaun saikne ar darba migraciju (uz Latgales piemera). The materials of the International Scientific Conference «Social Sciences for Regional Development 2012: Impact of the financial capital on the region`s economic competitiveness», Part 1. Issues of Sociology. Daugavpils University, Saule: 2013 – p. 19-40.
7. Menshikov V. Mobility in the lifestyle of today’s youth. Philosophy. Sociology. t.25, Nr.4. Vilnius, Lithuanian Academy of Science: 2014 – p. 247-253.
8. Menshikov V., Vanags E., Volkova O. Sociological interpretations of data on the aggregate capital of regional population (work experience abroad, relation to labor migration, factors of life success).Philosophy. Sociology. t.24, Nr.4. Vilnius, Lithuanian Academy of Science: 2013 – p.226-236.
9. Taljūnaitė M. The dynamics of intellectual capital: interpretations, surveys and models of politics. Philosophy. Sociology. t.21, Nr.2. Vilnius, Lithuanian Academy of Science: 2010 – p.160-168.
10. UrryJ. Mobilities. Cambridge: PolityPress. 2007 – 336 p.
11. Eurostat. Digital economy and society statistics – enterprises.Available on the Internet:http://ec.europa.eu/eurostat/statistics-explained/index.php/Information_-society_statistics_-_enterprises
12. Statista. The Internet Statistics Portal. Social Media & User-Generated Content. : https://www.statista.com/markets/424/topic/540/social-media-user-generated-content/
13. Savelyeva E.P. Novye gruppy professionalov v usloviyah mobilоnogo setevogo obshhestva. Journal Of Sociology And Social Anthropology, 2011, М. 14, №3:67-82. : http://ecsocman.hse.ru/data/2013/02/11/ 1251420102/Savelyava_%202011_3.pdf
14. Vankevich A.V. Gibkost rynka truda: edinstvo makro- I mikropodhodov. Vitebsk: UO «VGTU». 2014 – 198 p.
15. Upwork. Online WorkReport 2014. : http://elance-odesk.com/online-work-report-global
16. Elsevier B.V., Scopus abstract and citation database. Search result analyzer. : https://www.scopus.com/term/analyzer
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.