Methodological approaches to the analysis and assessment of country risk
The article considers methodological approaches to the analysis and assessment of country risk taking into account foreign experience. The subject of the study is country risk. The purpose of the study is to substantiate a methodical approach to the analysis and assessment of country risk for its application in the Republic of Belarus, taking into account its specificity. Research methods – dialectical approach, systemic and method of comparative analysis. The essence of the concept of «country risk», influencing factors is defined. The analysis of the experience of the country risk assessment by various foreign agencies is presented; classification of the applied methodological approaches to the construction of a rating assessment using quantitative analysis, qualitative and combined, taking into account the study of their weak and strong points. The most significant indicators for assessing the possible country risk for their application in the conditions of the Republic of Belarus are substantiated, taking into account the specifics of the country, assessing opportunities and constraints in the preparation and implementation of an effective policy for attracting external financing to meet its domestic needs when the government develops a plan for socio-economic development of the republic long-term perspective.
2. Malygin, V.E. Ocenka stranovogo riska v operacijah zarubezhnogo kreditovanija // Altajskij regional'nyj server jekonomicheskoj informacii – 2014. : http://www.mgimo.ru/files/238488/project_financing_14.pdf.
3. Susanov, D. Metody izmerenija stranovogo riska // Rynok Cennyh Bumag. – 2014. : http://www.old.rcb.ru/Archive/articles.asp?id=2063.
4. Smorodinskaja, N.V., Malygin V.E. Stranovoj risk i metody ego ocenki v mirovoj bankovskoj praktike // Den'gi i kredit. – 1997. - № 10. – S. 31 – 41.
5. Brunetti, A., Weder В. Investment and Institutional Uncertainty: A Comparative Study of Different Uncertainty Measures // International Finance Corporation. Technical Paper, 1997. : http://econpapers.repec.org/scripts/redir.pf?u=http%3A%2F%2Fhdl.handle.net%2F10.1007%2FBF02707928;h=rep ec:spr:weltar:v:134:y:1998:i:3:p:513-533.
6. Marschak, J. Money and the Theory of Assets // Econometrica. – 1938. – vol. 6. – p. 247-259.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.