Enterprise’s financial results scorecard in the system of financial statement
The subject of research is the set of methodological approaches and methodic thesis related to the formation of financial results scorecard in the financial statement. The purpose of the article is to investigate the problem issues of how to form the enterprise’s optimal financial results scorecard and how to display it in financial statement sheets. Methodology. The paper is written according to the results of studying the modern scientific views on the improvement and development of methodological and practical principles concerning the financial results scorecard formation in terms of harmonization of national and international financial statement standards. The methodological basis of the investigation comprises the comprehensive approach, system and structural analysis, dialectical method of scientific cognition. The research results. The requirements to information disclosure of financial results of economic entities activity in domestic and international financial statement standards are considered. The analysis of the current form of a profit and loss statement (income statement) is made. The essence of financial results is given as a result of their accounting evaluation. This essence shows the difference between corresponding incomes and expenditures of the enterprise’s current activity in accordance with the accounting system normative principles. The kinds of the enterprise’s financial results are presented considering the sequence of their formation and interests of the parties concerned. Areas of results implementation. Organizing and conducting research on improving the financial reporting theory and practice in terms of transition to international accounting standards. Conclusions. The financial results are presented in financial statement as a result of accounting evaluation of the enterprise’s activity that shows the difference between corresponding incomes and expenditures of the enterprise’s current activity in accordance with the accounting system normative principles. At a certain approximation of regulations on preparing a profit and loss statement (income statement) with requirements of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS), this statement still doesn’t satisfy them. In particular, it concerns the classification of activities, showing other operational incomes and other incomes and expenditures, the formats of presenting the elements of operational expenditures, adducing the components of other aggregate income etc.
2. Vlasova, N.O., and Melushova, I.Yu. Efektyvnist formuvannia finansovykh rezultativ pidpryiemstv rozdribnoi torhivli [The efficiency of formation of financial performance of retailers]. Kharkiv: KhDUKhT, 2008.
3. Mizhnarodnyi standart bukhhalterskoho obliku 1 «Podannia finansovoi zvitnosti» [International Accounting Standard 1 «Presentation of Financial Statements»]: www.zakon4.rada.gov.ua/laws /show/ 929 _ 013
4. Mushynsky R., Tokar S. Zvitnist za MSFZ: yakshcho bude zatverdzheno nakaz…[Reporting under IFRS if the order is approved...] // Accounting. 2012. № 3 (1042).
5. Lovinska L.H. Otsinka v bukhhalterskomu obliku [Evaluation of accounting]. K.: KNEU, 2006.
6. National Accounting Regulation (Standard) 1 «General Requirements to Financial Reporting»: approved by Order of MFU dated 07.02.13, No 73.: www.zakon.rada.gоv.ua.
7. Ozeran A. Zvit pro finansovi rezultaty (zvit pro sukupnyi dokhid): pytannia formuvannia ta spivvidnoshennia z MSFZ [Income statement (statement of comprehensive income): the formation and relationship with IFRS] // Accounting and audit. 2013. №6.
8. Law of Ukraine «On Accounting and Financial Reporting in Ukraine» [Electronic reference]: Law of Ukraine dated 16.07. 99, No 996-14: www.zakon.rada.gоv.ua.
9. Methodological recommendations for filling the forms of financial reporting (Order of Ministry of Finance dated 28.03.2013, No 433):www.zakon.rada.gоv.ua.
10. Yancheva, L. M., Chernikova, I. B., and Kuznetsova, S. O. Oblikovo-informatsiina systema upravlinnia prybutkom torhovelnykh pidpryiemstv [Accounting and Management Information System profit commercial enterprises]. Kharkiv: KhDUKhT, 2012.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.