Impact of logistics integration on the formation of system and network enterprises
Subject of research is theoretical and methodological approaches to the revealing the impact of logistics integration on the formation of system and network businesses. The purpose of the article is to assess the impact of logistics integration on the formation of system and network businesses. To achieve the object, the following tasks were set: firstly, to compare the logistics system (system company) with the logistics network (network company); secondly, to prove the importance of re-assessment of the participants of the integrated system, based on their unique competences; thirdly, to reveal the relationship between integration processes and forms of existence of enterprises. The study used general scientific and special methods: abstraction was applied in determining the nature of the categories of «network logistics system» and «integrated logistics system»; structural and genetic analysis was used to identify and improve the re-assessment cycle for the participants of the integrated logistics system; through comparison, the differences between the system and network companies were determined. Logistics integration provides strategic cooperation and coordination between all participants in the process of formation, production, sales and customer service throughout the product life cycle. The key properties that distinguish the logistics system (system company) from the logistics network (network company) are the organizational structure, allocation of responsibilities, legal independence (autonomy), the interaction between the subjects, goal orientation and methods of flow control. Proceeding from these properties, the author has proved that the logistics network has a horizontal structure based on specialization and development of key competencies. Therefore, the re-assessment cycle for the participants of the logistics system should be based on their unique core competencies. Hence, the network logistics system (integrated logistics system) is a long-term equal partnership of legally independent companies by combining their core competencies with the purpose of transferring material and related flows within the frame of logistics activities. The results of the investigation may be used by researchers and practical logisticians in the formation of system and network companies, in reassessment of the membership of the logistics system and choosing a form of integration. The prospect of further research is defining performance efficiency indices for the network logistics system.
2. Evtodieva, T.E. (2011), «Comparative characteristics of the system and network forms of organization of logistics», Problemy sovremennoj jekonomiki, vol. 1(37), pp. 169-171.
3. Pylypenko, A.A. Pylypeko, S.M. and Pylypenko, D.R. (2011), «Capitalization and IPO as a strategic imperative of national entities and integrated corporate logistics systems», Byznes Ynform, vol. 3, pp. 132-134.
4. Novikov, D.T. and Novikov, F.D. (2009), «The nature of the strategic use of logistics in the service economy», Vestnik rjazanskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta im. S.A. Esenina, vol. 25, pp. 127-138.
5. Tkachova, A.V. (2011), «The economic mechanism of logistic activity of metallurgical enterprises», Efektyvna ekonomika, [Online], vol. 5, available at: http://www.economy.nayka.com.ua/?op=1&z=563 (Accessed 12 July 2016).
6. Benzenko, P.A. (2015), «Formation and development of regional logistics centers», Vestnik Sibirskoj gosudarstvennoj avtomobil'no-dorozhnoj akademii, vol. 2 (42), pp. 90-95.
7. Savchuk, K.I. «Integrated logistics in business management» [Online], available at: www.intkonf.org/savchuk-ki-integrovana-logistika-v-upravlinnya-pidpriemstvom (Accessed 12 July 2016).
8. Posylkina, O.V., and Khromykh, A.H (2012), «Specific aspects of pharmaceutical logistics», Lohistyka: teoriia ta praktyka, vol. 1(2), pp. 130–136.
9. Pilipenko, S.M. and Pilipenko, D.R. (2010), «Evaluation of corporate logistics systems competencies as the basis of their competitive positioning», Biznes Inform, vol. 3 (1), pp. 73–76.
10. Kuzmenko, Ju.G. Levina, A.B. and Shmidt, A.V. (2014), «The genesis and the current state of logistics integration into a globalized economy», Vestnik Juzhno-Ural'skogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta. Serija: Jekonomika i menedzhment, vol. 8, № 3, pp. 148-161.
11. Tan'kov, K.N. and Bahurecand, O.V. (2010), «Typology of production and supply chains in terms of cooperation intra», Biznes-Inform, vol. 8, pp. 61-65.
12. Ivanov, Yu.B. and Pylypenko, A.A. (2006), «Concept and ontology management integration enterprise development», Ekonomika promyslovosti, vol. 1, pp. 162-171.
13. Stepina, S.E. (2011), «Bases of formation of integrated logistics as an effective business management tool», Vestnik Samarskogo gosudarstvennogo jekonomicheskogo universiteta, vol. 2 (76), pp. 77-82.
14. Ivanova, M.I. (2014), «Establishing efficient logistic supply using the technique of operational management of inventory», Ekonomika ta derzhava, vol. 12, pp. 52-58.
15. Kurnosova-Yurkova, O.A. (2014), «Modern Information Technology in the system lohystycheskoho enterprises Tools», Visnyk Dnipropetrovs'koho universytetu. Ser.: Ekonomika, vol. 8 (1), № 22, pp. 73-83.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.