Approaches to the development of non-financial indicators determining method at the preparation of the applicants for higher education
The subject of the study is the process of preparing applicants for higher education in the context of assessing its effectiveness. The purpose of the study is to develop a balanced system of non-financial indicators suitable for analyzing the costs of training applicants for higher education. Method or methodology of the work.General scientific methods (scientific abstraction, comparison, analysis, synthesis, generalization) and a specific method of key performance indicators (KPI). The results.The article describes modern approaches to understanding the phenomenon of nonfinancial indicators applied to the education system effectiveness analysis in Ukraine, in particular it deals with the issues of the higher education applicants training effectiveness. The key elements of the strategic goals of educational institutions are considered. Author reveals basic stages of non-financial indicators balanced system formation including formation of strategy, determination of the most important factors of success, definition of efficiency indicators system, which corresponds to the needs and opportunities of the institution of higher education. The main risks and peculiarities of the implementation of non-financial indicators are investigated. An indicative list of key performance indicators is proposed, which can become the basis for effective monitoring of the cost effectiveness of training for higher education. Scope of the results: for development of a strategy for managing higher education at the macro and micro levels by state and regional authorities. Conclusions.The method of key performance indicators is acceptable for analyzing the cost-effectiveness of training applicants for higher education. Existing methodological approaches allow to develop a system of efficiency analysis both at the macro level (analysis of the entire higher school) and at the level of individual institutions. Using developed system of indicators, it is possible to go beyond the naive quantitative assessment of indicators and to achieve a real assessment of the return on state investment in training.
2. Ukaz Prezydenta Ukrayiny «Pro Natsionalʹnu stratehiyu rozvytku osvity v Ukrayini na period do 2021 roku» vid 25.06.2013 roku № 344/2013 [Decree of the President of Ukraine "On the National Strategy for the Development of Education in Ukraine until 2021" dated June 25, 2013, No. 344/2013] URL: http://zakon2.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/344/2013 [in Ukr.].
3. Rozporyadzhennya KMU «Pro zatverdzhennya planu zakhodiv z realizatsiyi Natsionalʹnoyi stratehiyi rozvytku osvity v Ukrayini na period do 2021 roku» vid 04.09.2013 r. № 686-r. [Resolution of the CMU "On Approval of the Plan of Measures for the Implementation of the National Strategy for the Development of Education in Ukraine until 2021" dated 04.09.2013 No. 686-p] URL: http://zakon2.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/686-2013-%D1%80 [in Ukr.].
4. Klochkov A. K. (2010). KPI y motyvatsyya personala. Polnyy sbornyk praktycheskykh ynstrumentov [KPI and staff motivation. A complete collection of practical tools]. Éksmo, ISBN 978-5-699-37901-9 [in Ukr.].
5. Meyer M. V. (2008). Otsinka efektyvnosti biznesu [Business Performance Assessment]. per. z anhl. Moscow : Izd-vo "Vershyna", [in Rus.].
6. Vitlinsʹkyy V. V., Nakonechnyy S. I. & Velykoivanenko H. I. (1996). Ryzyk u menedzhmenti [Risk in management] Kyiv :TOV «Borysfen-M», 1996. [in Ukr.].
7. Derlou D. (2001). Klyuchovi upravlinsʹki rishennya. Tekhnolohiya pryynyattya rishenʹ [Key management decisions. Technology of decision making: per. from english] Kyiv : Vseuvyto, Naukova dumka (Ser. "Use pro menedzhment") [in Ukr.].
8. Lytyahyn A. A. (2010). Realʹnoe tselevoe upravlenye. Praktyka realʹnoho vnedrenyya y yspolʹzovanyya GOALtekhnolohyy A. Lytyahyna [Real target management. The practice of real introduction and use of GOAL technologies A. Lityagin]. Mosсow : Alʹpyna Pablysherz, ISBN 978-5-9614-1071-6, [in Rus.].
9. David Owens and Anne Keegan (2008). Introducing KPI in government sector. Possible futures for HR functions., [in Eng.].
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.