Opportunities for the integration of the Ukrainian industry into global value chains
Relevance of the research topic is due to the impact of globalization which had brought an increasing number of more and more products pass through global value-added chains to reach the end users. That has led to new forms of transnational production, that gives new opportunities for Ukrainian producers. Formulation of the problem. The utilizing the opportunities and mitigating the negative impact of the liberalization of foreign trade makes new requirements for production oriented businesses in a more open and competitive international environment. The development of global production systems provides opportunities for participating in global value chains, that opens up new opportunities for the industry of Ukraine and requires further scientific researches. Analysis of recent research and publications. There are various dimensions to the development of global value chains of industry that need to be taken into account. The most important of these are P.Marsh, R.Kaplinski and Morris, K.Schwab, R.Rajk, D.Rodrik, E.Rajnert, S.Veber, P Labasta, G. Dzerffi, Geets VM, Vishnevsky AS, Deineko LV, Kizim NA, Kvasha TK, Lyashenko VI, Musina LA, Pyatnitsky VT, Sidenko V.R. and others. Selection of unexplored parts of the general problem. In the context of increasing influence of integration processes on the development of international trade and production, the problem of choosing the most effective ways of integration into global value chains for the processing industry of Ukraine as a reliable supplier of products with a higher degree of processing remains insufficiently studied. Setting the task, the purpose of the study. The objective of the article is to analyze the features of the formation of value added chains and ways of integrating them into the processing industry of Ukraine as a reliable supplier of products with a higher degree of processing. The purpose of the study is developing the proposals for possible constructive ways of promoting the integration of Ukrainian processing industry into global value-added chains. Method or methodology for conducting research. This paper used of general scientific: abstract-logical, induction and deduction, systemic approach; analysis, and synthesis and special scientific research methods: statistical comparisons, grouping, sampling; structure-functional analysis, expert judgments. Presentation of the main material (results of work).The existing approaches to the definition of the notion of value added chains are disclosed and their grouping is carried out on significant grounds; The features and modern trends in the development of global value chains in the processing industry are explored; The opportunities and the existing risks have been identified in the chain of value added for the developing countries; and substantiated practical recommendations for choosing the most effective ways of integration into global value chains for the processing industry of Ukraine as a reliable supplier of products with a higher degree of processing. The field of application of results. The results of this research can be applied in the process of formation and implementation of Ukraine's integration industrial policy. Conclusions according to the article. In the article authors was made in assessment of the integration of Ukrainian manufacturing companies into global value chains. The adoption of effective tools and instruments for encouraging the entry of Ukraine's processing industry into global value chains provides for the creation of effective policies and institutions, aimed at eliminating restrictions in the the Ukrainian producers integration into international production networks.
2. Castells, Manuel (2000). Informatsionnaya epokha: ekonomika, obshchestvo i kul'tura: Monografiya. [Information Age: Economy, Society and Culture] Per. s angl. O. I. Shkaratana. Moskva : Vyssh. shk. Ekonomiki, URL: http://www.lavkamirov.com/cyberpunk/books/nonfiction_books.html [in Russian].
3. Novaya postindustrial'naya volna na Zapade. Antologiya. [The new post-industrial wave in the West. Anthology.]. Pod redaktsiey V. L. Inozemtseva. Moskva : Academia, 1999. 640 s. [in Russian].
4. Marsh, Peter. (2015). Novaya promyshlennaya revolyutsiya. Potrebiteli, globalizatsiya i konets massovogo proizvodstva [The New Industrial Revolution: Consumers, Globalization and the End of Mass Production]. Per. s angl. A. Sholomitskoy. Moskva : Izd-vo Instituta Gaydara, 420 s. [in Russian].
5. Krugman, P. (1995) Growing World Trade: Causes and Consequences. Washington : DC: Brookings Papers on Economic Activity. Vol. 1. P. 327-377. [in English].
6. Kaplinsky, R. & Morris, M. (2001). A handbook for Value Chain Research / The International Development Research Centre. 109 p. URL: http://www.prism.uct.ac.za/Papers/VchNov01.pdf [in English].
7. Global value chains in a changing world Edited by Deborah K. Elms and Patrick Low. URL: https://www.wto.org/english/res_e/booksp_e/aid4tradeglobalvalue13_e.pdf [in English].
8. Hlobalni lantsiuhy dodanoi vartosti ta rozvytok. Pidtrymka vseokhopliuiuchoho ta staloho promyslovoho rozvytku z boku YuNIDO. [Global Value Chains and development. UNIDO’s support towards inclusive and sustainable industrial development]. Kyiv : YuNIDO, 2015. 68 s. [in Ukrainian].
9. World Integrated Trade Solution. URL: http://wits.worldbank.org/ [in English].
10. Derzhavna sluzhba statystyky Ukrainy [State Statistics Service of Ukraine]. URL: http://www.ukrstat.gov.ua/ [in Ukrainian].