Modernization of the system for providing governmental services of local authorities in Ukraine in the context of decentralization reform
The subject of research is the process of modernization of the system of provision of state services of local authorities in Ukraine. The purpose of the article is to clarify the current level of public service provision by local authorities and to develop ways to improve the functioning system of administrative services in the united territorial communities of Ukraine. The aim of the article are: to examine the essence of decentralization and reveal the mechanism of functioning of the united territorial communities; reveal the content of the extended powers of local governments; explore the conceptual framework of state incentives for the process of voluntary association of communities in Ukraine; to identify the real degree of quality, availability and approach of management services to the population through the network of centers providing administrative services; reveal the problems of coexistence and duplication of functions of the district and society; explore promising areas of municipal cooperation and identify the leading regions; consider the functions of the Ukrainian electronic service iGov and justify the problems and prospects for its implementation in the process of public services of local authorities in Ukraine modernization. Research methods. In the process of research, the following general and specific scientific research methods were applied: a systematic approach, methods of logical generalization and comparison, scientific abstraction, methods of synthesis, logical generalization and analogies. The methodological base of the research was made by scientific works of domestic and foreign scientists and leading specialists, analytical materials on the research problem. Results of the work. The essence of decentralization and the mechanism of functioning of united territorial communities are revealed. Analyzed changes in the powers of local governments and highlighted the mechanism for the provision of administrative services. The directions of state stimulation of the process of voluntary association of communities in Ukraine are investigated. It was revealed that in spite of the fact that the united communities received the authority and resource of the population are partially or completely dissatisfied with the quality of services provided by local authorities. The problem of duplication of functions of structural divisions is revealed - a district-united community. The necessity of the development and adoption of effective by-laws and regulations has been substantiated, and they regulate the procedure for the application and implementation of existing laws in the field of decentralization and self-government. The prospective directions of municipal cooperation are investigated and it is revealed that Poltava region is the leader in Ukraine in the number of concluded inter-municipal cooperation agreements. Analyzed international technical assistance projects aimed at reforming self-government. The Ukrainian electronic service iGov and the reasonable prospects of its widespread implementation have been investigated. Practical implications. The results of the study can be used by both local and state authorities to consider the possibilities of modernization of public services in Ukraine in the context of decentralization reforms. Conclusions. The study led to the conclusion that today the population is partially or completely dissatisfied with the quality of services provided by local authorities. However, we believe that Ukraine is able to modernize state services of local authorities and bring them as close as possible to citizens. To improve the functioning of the system of providing administrative services in the united territorial communities of Ukraine, in our opinion, it is necessary: to develop effective by-laws and regulations that regulate the procedure for applying and implementing laws on local self-government; ensure the organizational unity of the front office and back office of the centers providing administrative services of the united territorial communities; to expand the list of administrative services provided to residents of united territorial communities; provide state support for expanding the network of united territorial communities to cover the entire territory of Ukraine; develop and implement educational programs for certain categories of civil servants and officials of local governments in the provision of administrative services; to ensure the widespread introduction and use in the regions of the electronic portal of state services iGov, which will make it possible to effectively combat corruption and improve business processes in state and municipal authorities.
2. Bili pliamy na karti Ukrainy: v 116 raionakh ne stvoreno zhodnoi terytorialnoi hromady [White spots on the map of Ukraine: no territorial community was created in 116 districts] Sohodni vid 14.08.2018 – Today from 14.08.2018/ URL : https://www.segodnya.ua/ukraine/belye-pyatna-na-karte-ukrainy-v-116-rayonah-ne-sozdano-ni-odnoy-territorialnoy-obshchiny-1162774.html
3. Detsentralizatsiia. Mizhnarodne spivrobitnytstvo [Decentralization. International cooperation] URL : https://donors.decentralization.gov.ua/vacancy/58adc1646783ec7387ad7c10)
4. Yevropeiski standarty nadannia administratyvnykh posluh [European standards for the provision of administrative services] Ofitsiinyi sait Volovetskoi RDA - Official site of Volovets Regional State Administration. URL : http://vrda.gov.ua/evropejski-standartynadannya-administratyvnyh-posluh/
5. Naukovo-praktychne zabezpechennia detsentralizatsii nadannia posluh v obiednanykh terytorialnykh hromadakh [Scientific and practical provision of decentralization of services in the united territorial communities: materials of scientific and practica] : materialy naukovo-praktychnoi. konf., Kyiv, 18 Kvitnia. 2018 r. ; pid zah. red. R. V. Voitovych, P. V. Vorony. Kyiv : IPK DSZU, 2018. 360 s.
6. Postanova VRU «Pro poperednie skhvalennia zakonoproektu pro vnesennia zmin do Konstytutsii Ukrainy shchodo detsentralizatsii vlady» [Resolution of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine "On the Prior Approval of the Draft Law on Amendments to the Constitution of Ukraine on the Decentralization of Power"]. URL : http://zakon3.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/656-19.
7. Prykhylnyky detsentralizatsii zi skhodu Ukrainy pereimaiut krashchi praktyky spivpratsi hromad na Poltavshchyni [Supporters of decentralization from the east of Ukraine take over the best practices of community cooperation in Poltava region] internet-vydannia Poltavshchyna 2 travnia 2018. URL : https://poltava.to/project/3720/)
8. Reforma detsentralizatsii [Decentralization reform]. Ofitsiinyi sait - Uriadovyi portal. URL : https://www.kmu.gov.ua/ua/diyalnist/reformi/reforma-decentralizaciyi
9. Serebrianska Diana Otsinka vykonannia zavdan kontseptsii reformuvannia mistsevoho samovriaduvannia ta terytorialnoi orhanizatsii vlady v Ukraini [Serebryan Diana Evaluation of the implementation of the concept of reforming local self-government and territorial organization of power in Ukraine]. URL : http://ngoipr.org.ua/news/otsinka-vykonannya-zavdan-kontseptsiyi-reformuvannya-mistsevogo-samovryaduvannya-ta-terytorialnoyi-organizatsiyi-vlady-v-ukrayini/
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.