Financial levers of foreign economic activity regulation
Relevance of research topic. One of the features of foreign economic activity is vulnerability because of fluctuations of the global market environment, which requires the use of mechanisms for its regulation using financial instruments, methods and leverage. Formulation of the problem. Effective regulation of foreign economic activity, which would correspond to its actual goals and objectives, requires the formation of financial regulatory levers system. Analysis of recent research and publications. The issues of financial mechanism and financial regulation functioning today are the subject of detailed research in the professional scientific literature on finance. Scientific interest is also caused by studies of modern financial regulatory mechanisms in various areas of the national economy, in particular, regulation in the sphere of foreign economic activity. Selection of unexplored parts of the general problem. Nowadays there is no consensus on the essence of financial leverage, its features and place in the structure of the financial mechanism. There is a lack of research on the problems of using financial levers within the framework of the mechanism for regulating foreign economic activity. Setting the task, the purpose of the study. Classification of financial levers of foreign economic activity regulation and specification of their composition as to methods and instruments of regulation. Method or methodology for conducting research. The system and structural approach, the method of logical analysis, the method of comparison were used. Presentation of the main material (results of work). In the paper the importance of applying financial levers in foreign economic activity regulation is grounded. Based on the essence of financial regulation, the structure of the financial mechanism, the goals and composition of the system of foreign economic activity financial regulation, the classification of financial levers for its regulation has been proposed. Directions of financial levers actions, forms of levers implementation, methods of regulation, and levels of regulation are highlighted as classification signs. In the framework of the proposed classification by regulation methods, a set of financial levers is presented in relation to the corresponding methods and instruments for foreign economic activity regulation. The field of application of results. Research of foreign economic activity financial regulation problems, educational process (in the preparation of the relevant sections of textbooks and tutorials for courses “Finance”, “Foreign Trade”). Conclusions according to the article. The specific features of financial levers of foreign economic activity regulation are their multi-level influence on it, orientation at obtaining strengthening or retaining effect in accordance with the goals the state sets in the sphere of foreign economic activity regulation. Each lever is used within the relevant regulatory instruments and putting them in motion, and is aimed at the implementation of the regulatory action. Financial levers of regulation are interconnected into a single system and should be used comprehensively in foreign economic activity regulation.
2. On Foreign Economic Activities. Law of Ukraine №959-XII from 16.04.1991. URL: http://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/959-12.
3. Vasiurenko, V. O. (2010). Finansove rehuliuvannia zovnishnoekonomichnoi diialnosti sub’iektiv hospodariuvannia [Financial regulation of foreign economic activity of economic entities]. Candidate thesis abstract : 08.00.08. Ukrainian Academy of Banking of the National Bank of Ukraine. Sumy, 20 p.
4. Londar, S. L. & Tymoshenko, O. V. (2009). Finansy [Finance]. Vinnytsia : New Book, 384 p.
5. Formuvannia finansovoho mekhanizmu staloho rozvytku Ukrainy / za zah. red. O. P. Kyrylenko, O. I. Tulai [Formation of financial mechanism of sustainable development of Ukraine]. Ternopil : Ternopil State Economic University, 2017. 414 p.
6. Chechel, O. M. (2013). Pryntsypy ta mekhanizm derzhavnoho rehuliuvannia ekonomiky [Principles and mechanism of state regulation of the economy]. Visnyk AMSU. Seriia: «Derzhavne upravlinnia» - Bulletin of AMSU. Series: “Public Administration”, 2 (9). 103-111.
7. Vusiatytska, M. P. (2012). Teoretychni aspekty finansovoho vazhelia yak ekonomichnoi katehorii [Theoretical Aspects of the Financial Lever as an Economic Category]. Visnyk Chernivetskoho torhovelno-ekonomichnoho instytutu. Seriia “Ekonomichni nauky” - Bulletin of the Chernivtsi Trade and Economic Institute. Series “Economic Sciences”, 2. 274-279.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.