The potential of intellectual property sphere of Ukraine: condition and directions of development
The subject of the research. The level of the economy of any country depends on its scientific, technical, innovative potential. It determines the country's place in the global economy, the competitiveness of industries and enterprises. One of the important factors of innovative growth of the country's economy is the development of the field of intellectual property. The subject of the research is the analysis of the main indicators of the national intellectual property system of Ukraine and the study of the main trends of its development. The purpose of the article is to study the economic, market, legal aspects of the functioning of the field of intellectual property that form its potential, development and scientific substantiation of the directions of development of the national intellectual property system of Ukraine. The methodologyof the work. A systematic approach and methodologies of economic, statistical, economic and mathematical analysis are used to study the trends of the main factors influencing the potential and development of the intellectual property system of Ukraine. The results of the work. The article describes the dynamics of the main indicators of the functioning of the intellectual property sphere, the country's ratings in the international system for the protection of intellectual property rights. It has been determined that the effectiveness of such a system depends on many factors, the main of which are: compliance of the regulatory framework; development of the infrastructure of national and international systems of intellectual property legal protection; effectiveness of training and advanced training of specialists; level of financial support for its activities. The field of application of the results of the study of the main trends in the global, national innovation market and the national intellectual property system will allow for a more accurate adjustment of the direction and strategy of the development of the sphere and also identify the most problematic issues to bring the domestic legislation closer to the provisions of the association agreement with the European Union. Conclusiins. An effective structure for the protection of intellectual property rights is a solid foundation for the innovative development model of Ukraine, its modernization and global competitiveness. The study revealed, on the one hand, a significant growth potential in the field of intellectual property, on the other hand, an insufficient level of growth compared with the leading countries of the world. The key constraints for the development of innovation in Ukraine are the political and business environment, as well as the weak infrastructure of the market for innovation and creative work. The following are the next areas of development strategy for the field of intellectual property of Ukraine: the scientific and technological development of society; the implementation of European standards in the field of intellectual property with national legislation; elimination and systematization of existing contradictions. The results of the study indicate that the problem of using the potential of intellectual capital in the formation of an innovative development model has considerable scientific interest and requires further research.
2. How Strong Intellectual Property Rights Protection Would Bolster Ukraine’s Future. URL: https://photos.state.gov/libraries/ukraine/895/pdf/ipr-kneu-ukr.pdf
3. Bazylevych, V. D., Ilin, V. V. (2008). Intelektualna vlasnist: kreatyvy metafizychnoho poshuku: monohrafiia [Intellectual property: the creatures of metaphysical search: monograph]; Kyivskyi natsionalnyi universytet imeni Tarasa Shevchenka. Kyiv : Znannia. 687 s
4. Kadietova, O. V. (2018). Uhoda pro asotsiatsiiu Ukrainy z Yevropeiskym Soiuzom v systemi dzherel prava intelektualnoi vlasnosti: tsyvilno-pravovyi aspekt [Agreement on the association of Ukraine with the European Union in the system of sources of intellectual property rights: the civil law aspect]dys. … k. yur. nauk (d-ra filosofii): 12.00.03. Universytet Korolia Danyla, Ivano-Frankivsk, 280 s.
5. Naukova ta innovatsiina diialnist Ukrainy [Scientific and innovative activity of Ukraine]. Statystychnyi zbirnyk. Kyiv : «DSU». 178 s.
6. Natsionalna stratehiia rozvytku sfery intelektualnoi vlasnosti v Ukraini na period do 2020 roku: proekt [National strategy for the development of the intellectual property in Ukraine until 2020: project]. Neofytsiinyi tekst vid 29.08.2014. URL: http://search.ligazakon.ua/l_doc2.nsf/link1/NT1009.html
7. Potentsial intelektualnoi vlasnosti [Intellectual Property Potential]. Veb-sait. URL: http://allref.com.ua/uk/skachaty/Potencial_intelektual-noyi_vlasnosti_v_innovaciiyniiy_modeli_rozvitku?page=1
8. Kapitsa, Yu. M, Stupak, S. K.& Vorobev, V.P. (2006). Pravo intelektualnoi vlasnosti Yevropeiskoho Soiuzu ta zakonodavstvo Ukrainy [Intellectual property rights of the European Union and legislation of Ukraine]. Kyiv : Vyd. Dim «Slovo»”. 1104 s.
9. Promyslova vlasnist u tsyfrakh [Industrial property in numbers]. Pokaznyky diialnosti Ministerstva ekonomichnoho rozvytku i torhivli Ukrainy ta Derzhavnoho pidpryiemstva «Ukrainskyi instytut intelektualnoi vlasnosti». Kyiv : DP «UIIV», 2018. 43 s.
10. Profil krain [Profile of countries]. Sait VOPV. URL: https://www.wipo.int/directory/en/
11. Systema zakhystu prav intelektualnoi vlasnosti ta yii vplyv na ukrainsku ekonomiku [Intellectual property rights protection system and its impact on the Ukrainian economy]. Posolstvo SShA. 2013. URL: http://vnz.org.ua
12. Statystyka profiliu krainy [Country profile statistics]. Ukraina. Sait VOPV. URL: www.wipo.int/ipstats/en/statistics/country_profile/profile.jsp?code=UA
13. Ukrainets, A., Shyian, P.& Oliinichuk, S. Intelektualnyi kapital – peredumova ekonomichnoi nezalezhnosti Ukrainy [Intellectual capital is a prerequisite for Ukraine's economic independence]. URL: http://www.ukrspirt.com/items/view/39.
14. Shenkarenko, M. (2017). Osnovni pokaznyky diialnosti u sferi PV u I kvartali 2017 roku [The main indicators of activity in the field of PV in the first quarter of 2017]. Intelektualna vlasnist, 4.4-9.
15. Derzhavna sluzhba statystyky Ukrainy [State Statistics Service of Ukraine]. Ofitsiinyi sait. URL: http://www.ukrstat.gov.ua
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.