Organizational and economic levers to activate the cooperation of the Chinese People's Republic and Ukraine in the sphere of tourism, resorts and hotel management
Relevance of research topic. The potential of international cooperation between the People’s Republic of China and Ukraine in the areas of tourism, resorts and hotel industry is underutilized. In particular, according to experts, the volume of reciprocal tourist visits, despite their positive dynamics, is rather insignificant. Consequently, the study of organizational and economic incentive mechanisms for the promotion of the Chinese People’s Republic and Ukraine in the field of tourism and resorts is of considerable scientific and applied interest. Formulation of the problem. Potential consumers of tourism services in both countries note poor awareness of tourism products and the possibility of traveling to the partner countries. Visa restrictions affect, is an objective factor constraining international tourism. Ukraine is not effectively using the potential of cooperation in the use of the experience of China in the development and modernization of tourism infrastructure. Analysis of recent research and publications. The problems of Ukrainian-Chinese cooperation in various areas, including in the field of tourism, resorts and hotel industry, are investigated by Ukrainian scientists A. Antonishnin, Goncharuk, V. Porovoznik, V. Perebiynis, E. Yaroshenko, as well as foreign scientists M. Kachmarsky, I. Li, L. Zuokui and others. Selection of unexplored parts of the general problem. The problems of enhancing international cooperation between the PRC and Ukraine in the areas of tourism, resorts and hotel industry should be understood from the latest positions, taking into account the contemporary challenges of global development and the difficult political and economic situation in Ukraine. Setting the task, the purpose of the study. The purpose (key task) of this study is to develop conceptual proposals aimed at improving the existing and creating new mechanisms and levers for activating the development of tourism and resorts in the Chinese People's Republic and Ukraine. Method or methodology for conducting research. In carrying out the study, general scientific (analysis and synthesis, induction and deduction, analytical groups, etc.) and special (abstraction, economic comparisons, statistical, etc.) methods and techniques of knowledge of economic phenomena and processes were used. Presentation of the main material (results of work). The main direction of the organization of international cooperation of China and Ukraine in the field of tourism, resorts and hotel industry is the legal regulation of the relevant forms and tools of cooperation. Ukraine unilaterally made a decision on a substantial easing of visa restrictions for citizens of the PRC. During 2013-2017 (Excluding 2014) the number of Chinese citizens who entered Ukraine increased. In 2015, 2016 and 2017, not only the number of Chinese citizens who entered Ukraine, but also the volume of growth increased. The Memorandum of Understanding between the State Agency of Ukraine for Tourism and Resorts and the National Tourist Administration of the People’s Republic of China on promoting group trips of Chinese tourists to Ukraine has a positive impact not only on the organization of increasing prices, but also on other economic activities that are involved in the production of tourist services . In the Ukrainian market of tourist services, an increase in the number of tourist products, involving visits to the People's Republic of China, is observed. In the process of international cooperation of the People’s Republic of China in the field of tourism, resorts and hotel industry, attention should be paid to enhancing the development of mutual trips of citizens in the so-called “thematic segments”. We are talking about business tourism, educational tourism, shopping tourism and the like. A promising area of international cooperation between the PRC and Ukraine in the field of tourism, resorts and hotel industry is monitoring and studying the experience of the other party in promoting tourism development, as well as implementing this experience in accordance with international law and national legislation. Several objective problems that hinder the full realization of the potential of international international cooperation of China and Ukraine in the field of tourism, resorts and hotel industry are highlighted. The field of application results. The results of the study can be used in intergovernmental and intergovernmental negotiations between representatives of the People’s Republic of China and Ukraine on expanding cooperation in tourism, resorts and the hotel industry, as well as in shaping state policy to stimulate the development of tourism infrastructure in Ukraine (taking into account the best world experience). Conclusions according to the article: 1. It is advisable to create a mechanism for monitoring the international cooperation of the People’s Republic of China and Ukraine in the field of tourism, resorts and hotel industry. 2. A managerial decision should be taken on the creation in the PRC of a Ukrainian trade and economic mission, one of whose tasks is to carry out non-commercial marketing of Ukrainian tourist facilities among Chinese audiences. 3. The authorities of Ukraine (first of all, the Foreign Ministry and the Ministry of Economic Development) should study and propose specific pragmatic solutions aimed at joining the Ukrainian side to the One Belt - One Way project initiated by the PRC, including in terms of attracting the capabilities of Chinese partners ( first of all investments and technologies) for the creation of new and modernization of existing objects of tourism, resort and hotel infrastructure. 4. It is advisable to hold a Summit (conference) on cooperation between the People’s Republic of China and Ukraine in the field of tourism, resorts and hotel industry, including with an exhibition of promising investment projects. 5. Further expansion of cooperation between the People’s Republic of China and Ukraine in the scientific and educational fields will be useful. 6. The agenda of the work of the subcommittee on trade and economic cooperation of the Commission on Cooperation between the Government of Ukraine and the Government of the PRC should include topical issues of international cooperation of the People’s Republic of China and Ukraine in the field of tourism, resorts and hotel industry. 7. An important direction of enhancing mutual tourist flows is the elimination of visa restrictions. 8. One of the directions of the intensification of international cooperation between China and Ukraine is the development of thematic (special) types of tourism, primarily educational tourism.
2. Honcharuk, A. & Koshovyi, S. (2016). Shovkovyi shliakh: vid kontseptsii do praktychnykh krokiv (formatvzaiemodii 16+1) [Silk path: from conception to practical steps (interaction format 16 + 1)]. Stratehichna panorama,1. 26-35.
3. Dobrovilna reiestratsiia ukrainskykh hromadian pry podorozhakh za kordon [Voluntary registration of Ukrainian citizens when traveling abroad]. Ofitsiinyi sait Ministerstva zakordonnykh sprav Ukrainy. URL: https://shanghai.mfa.gov.ua/ua/news/consular-news/63206-dobrovilyna-rejestracija-ukrajinsykih-gromadyan-pri-podorozhah-za-kordon
4. Dohovirno-pravova baza mizh Ukrainoiu ta Kytaiem [The contractual frame work between Ukraine and China]. URL: http://china.mfa.gov.ua/ua/ukraine-cn/legal-acts.
5. Zakharyn, S. V., Li, Y. & Bylorybkyna, T. V. (2017). Vektory y mekhanyzmy kytaisko-ukraynskoho sotrudnychestva v kontekste realyzatsyy ynytsyatyvy «Odynpoias – Odynput» [Vectors and mechanisms of Sino-Ukrainian cooperation in the context of the implementation of the initiative One Belt - One Way "]. Modern Science, 9. 89-99.
6. Krainy Azii ta Okeanii. Vidnosyny z krainamy Aziisko-Tykhookeanskoho rehionu. Kytaiska Narodna Respublika [Countries in Asia and Oceania. Relations with the countries of the Asia-Pacific region. Chinese People's Republic]. Ofitsiinyi sait Ministerstva zakordonnykh sprav Ukrainy. URL: https://mfa.gov.ua/ua/about-ukraine/bilateral-cooperation/asia-and-oceania
7. Memorandum pro vzaiemorozuminnia mizh Derzhavnym ahentstvom Ukrainy z turyzmu ta kurortiv ta Natsionalnoiu turystychnoiu administratsiieiu Kytaiskoi Narodnoi Respubliky pro spryiannia hrupovym poizdkam kytaiskykh turystiv do Ukrainy[Memorandum of Understanding between the State Agency of Ukraine for Tourism and Resorts and the National Tourist Authority of the People's Republic of China on the promotion of group trips of Chinese tourists to Ukraine]. URL: http://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/156_104
8. Povoroznyk, V. & Perebyinis, V. (2015). Proekt «Odyn poias – odyn shliakh»: mozhlyvosti dlia Ukrainy [One Belt Project - One Way: Opportunities for Ukraine]. Kyiv : MTsPD, 31 s.
9. Torhovo-ekonomichne spivrobitnytstvo z Kytaiem – odyn z priorytetiv dlia Ukrainy sohodni [Trade and economic cooperation with China – one of the priorities for Ukraine today]. Ministry of Economic Development and Trade of Ukraine – Ministerstvo ekonomichnoho rozvytku i torhivli Ukrainy. URL: http://me.gov.ua/News/Detail?lang=uk-UA&id= afa2e521-ee22-45c6-8802-da0e91224632&title= NataliiaMikolska-TorgovoekonomichneSpivrobitnitstvo ZKitamOdinZPrioritetivDliaUkrainiSogodni.
10. Turyzm [Tourism]. Ofitsiinyi sait Derzhavnoi sluzhby statystyky Ukrainy Ukrainy. URL: http://ukrstat.gov.ua
11. Uhoda mizh Uriadom Ukrainy i Uriadom Kytaiskoi Narodnoi Respubliky pro vzaiemni poizdky hromadian [Agreement between the Government of Ukraine and the Government of the People's Republic of China on reciprocal travel of citizens]. URL: http://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/156_052
12. Shchodo vidkryttia Ukrainskoho Vizovoho Tsentru v Shankhai [About the opening of the Ukrainian Visa Center in Shanghai].Ofitsiinyi sait Konsulstva Ukrainy v Shankhai. URL:https://shanghai.mfa.gov.ua/ua/news/consular-news/62335-shhodo-vidkrittya-ukrajinsykogo-vizovogo-centru-v-shankhaji
13. Yaroshenko, Ye. (2015). Mistse Ukrainy v hlobalnykh stratehiiakh Kytaiu [Place of Ukraine in the Global Strategies of China]. Kyiv : MTsPD, 44 s.
14. Antonishin, A. P., Li, I. & Zakharin, S. V. (2017). Metody a technologie pro stimulaci rozvoje cestovního ruchu ve velkém průmyslovém městě (na příkladu Tianjin, Čína). Modern Science, 7. 87-91.
15. Kaszmarski, M. (2015). The New Silk Road: a versatile instrument in China`s policy. OSW Centre for Eastern Studies, Number 161. 89 p.
16. Li, Y., Smyrnov, I. & Zakharin S. (2017). Opportunities of Sino-Ukrainian investment cooperation in the context of the implementation of initiative "Economic Belt of the Great Silk Road". Wsepolpraca Europejska,10. 45-55.
17. Zuokui, L. (2014). Central and Eastern Europe in Building the Silk Road Economic Belt. Working Paper Series on European Studies Institute of European Studies Chinese Academy of Social Sciences, 8/3. 130 p.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.