Transformation of the property institutions of Ukrainian sea ports
The article deals with the problem of the transformation of maritime ports' property institutes, the relevance of which is confirmed in the program documents of the Government: the National transport strategy of Ukraine for the period up to 2030, the Agreement on the coalition of deputy factions «European Ukraine», the requirements of the International Monetary Fund.
The purpose of the article is to investigate the impact of the transformation of the ports of Ukraine ownership on the efficiency of their activities, the peculiarities of various forms of public-private partnership (concessions, privatization, lease) for the development of stevedoring campaigns.
On the basis of statistical data of general, import and export volumes of cargo handling at sea ports of Ukraine, the dynamics and calculated proportion of stevedoring companies of state, private and leasehold ownership in the period 2015-2018 have been formed. It has been proved that privatization processes help to increase the effectiveness of the stevedoring campaigns.
In accordance with the Law of Ukraine dated January 18, 2018, No. 2269-VIII «On Privatization of State and Communal Property», the option of privatization of stevedoring campaigns as objects of large privatization in an auction with conditions is considered (auction, the winner of which is not only the bidder who offered the largest price, but also the one who agreed to accept additional privatization conditions).
The most progressive form of operation of stevedoring campaigns is the lease of berths with their subsequent concession. However, there are three reservations: the impossibility of transferring a single port to a single company by concession, without thereby violating the rights of all other tenants and investors; politicization of the process of transferring objects to a concession; the advantage will be large foreign companies that are already leasing complexes. It is necessary to carefully approach the process of transformation of property institutions, to take into account the cost, size, volumes and range of goods processed by the stevedoring campaign.
2. Koliesnyk, I. M. Osoblyvosti rozvytku morskykh portiv Ukrainy na zasadakh derzhavno-pryvatnoho partnerstva [Features of the development of Ukrainian seaports on the principles of public-private partnership]. URL: http://jeou.donnu.edu.ua/article/viewFile/2939/2978.
3. Ryzhenkova, N. (2016). Sokrashcheniye gruzooborota v portakh zamedlilos [Reduction in freight turnover at ports slowed down] Porty Ukrainy - Ports of Ukraine, 8(160). 54–57.
4. Kudritskaya, N. V. (2015). Razvitiye strategii finansirovaniya morskogo transporta Ukrainy s uchetom evropeyskogo opyta [Development of the strategy of financing the sea transport of Ukraine taking into account the European experience] Porty Ukrainy – Ports of Ukraine, 8. 52–54. URL: http://portsukraine.com/node/4171/
5. Kudrytska, N. V. (2016). Kontsesii – prohresyvnyi instrument investytsiinoho zabezpechennia rozvytku morskykh portiv Ukrainy [Concessions is a progressive instrument of investment support for the development of Ukrainian seaports]. Ekonomiko-matematychne modeliuvannia sotsialno-ekonomichnykh system – Economic-mathematical modeling of socio-economic systems, 21. 158–171. URL: http://nbuv.gov.ua/UJRN/emmses_2016_21_11.
6. Kudrytska N. V. (2018). Mizhnarodnyi ohliad instytutsionalnoho zabezpechennia vodnoho transportu [International review of institutional provision of water transport] Ekonomichnyi visnyk universytetu - University Economic Bulletin, 38. 63-70. URL: https://economic-bulletin.com/index.php/journal/issue/view/25/evu.38.
7. Natsionalna transportna stratehiia Ukrainy na period do 2030 roku (2018). [National transport strategy of Ukraine for the period up to 2030]. URL: http://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/430-2018/
8. Ugoda pro koaliciyu deputats`ky`x frakcij «Yevropejs`ka Ukrayina» [Agreement on the coalition of deputy factions «European Ukraine»]. URL: http://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/file/text/33/f439014n8.pdf/
9. Administratsiia morskykh portiv Ukrainy. Pidsumky roboty [Administration of seaports of Ukraine. Results of work]. URL: http://uspa.gov.ua/pokazniki-roboti.
10. Pidvodni kameni pryvatyzatsii [Underwater stones of privatization]. URL: https://biz.nv.ua/ukr/experts/nadija-semenchuk/pidvodni-kameni-privatizatsiji--2455087.html.
11. Kabmin skhvalyv pryvatyzatsiiu vsikh derzhstyvidoriv do 2020 roku [The Cabinet approved the privatization of all state historians by 2020]. URL: http://www.uspa.gov.ua/ru/pres-tsentr/novini/novini-galuzi/16130-kabmin-skhvaliv-privatizatsiyu-vsikh-derzhstividoriv-do-2020-roku.
12. Zakon Ukrainy vid 18.01.2018 № 2269-VIII «Pro pryvatyzatsiiu derzhavnoho i komunalnoho maina» [Law of Ukraine dated January 18, 2018 No. 2269-VIII «On Privatization of State and Communal Property». URL: http://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/2269-19.
13. Obnovlennyye perechni obyektov, ne podlezhashchikh privatizatsii: gosstividorov otpuskayut na svobodu [Updated lists of objects not subject to privatization: state secretaries are set free]. URL: http://agreca.ua/obnovlennyie-perechni-obektov-ne-podlezhashhih-privatizatsii-gosstividorov-otpuskayut-na-svobodu.
14. Nyzhche vaterlinii [Below the waterline]. URL: https://www.business.ua/biznes/item/3625-nizhche-vaterliniji.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.