Innovative potential of a region and the efficiency of its use
The interest in the topic of innovative development of regions has increased in recent years. The main condition for building an economy based on innovation is the presence of innovative potential as a set of opportunities in innovation. At the same time, it is not only the innovative potential important itself, but it is also important the effectiveness of its use. Thus, the problem of increasing of the innovative potential of the region and the effectiveness of its use is relevant, and this fact led to the choice of research direction, the results of which are presented in this work. Modern research of innovative potential is mainly associated with the development of its theoretical aspects and the methods of its evaluation. There is a growing interest in the concept of "knowledge economy", and in the question of the ensuring of the sustainability and security of regional development now, so in connection with it the works at the intersection of these problems and the problem of formation and development of innovative potential appear. It should be noted that in the scientific literature and in practice, the problem of assessing and improving of the efficiency of the innovative potential of regions is given relatively little attention, and therefore this area of research has novelty and is of scientific and practical importance. So, the purpose of this study was to determine the directions of increasing of the innovative potential of the regions and the effectiveness of its use, in particular, on the example of the regions of the Republic of Belarus. In the course of the study, such methods as the analysis of scientific literature, legislation, statistical research data; analysis and synthesis; tabular and graphical methods of data visualization and others were used. The result of this study is the development of conceptual directions and practical recommendations of improving of the innovative potential of the regions of the Republic of Belarus and the effectiveness of its use. The results of the study can be of scientific, theoretical and practical interest and can be used by regional governments in the process of making of informed management decisions in the field of innovation. The implementation of the measures of improving of the efficiency of the innovative potential of the regions will contribute to their socio-economic development.
2. Zhits, G. I. (2008) Sposobnosti i vozmozhnosti: rassuzhdeniya o nekotorykh aspektakh metodologii otsenki vliyaniya innovatsionnogo potentsiala na razvitie sotsial'no-ekonomicheskikh sistem razlichnogo urovnya slozhnosti [Abilities and capabilities: reasoning about some aspects of the methodology for assessing the impact of innovative potential on the development of socio-economic systems of different levels of complexity]. Innovatsii, 11. 102–107.
3. Shlyakhto, I. V. (2007) Metodika i rezul'taty issledovaniya faktorov, otrazhayushchikh innovatsionnyy potentsial regiona [Methods and results of the study of the factors reflecting the innovative potential of the region]. Nauchnye vedomosti Belgorodskogo gosuniversiteta, 1(32). 149–156.
4. Dan'ko, M. (1999) Innovatsionnyy potentsial v promyshlennosti Ukrainy [Innovative potential in the industry of Ukraine]. Ekonomist, 10. 26–32.
5. Dorina, E. B. & Kadovba, E. A. (2016) Innovatsionnyy potentsial oblastey Respubliki Belarus': otsenka i sovershenstvovanie ee metodicheskogo instrumentariya [Innovative potential of the regions of the Republic of Belarus: evaluation and improvement of its methodological tools]. Izvestiya Gomel'skogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta imeni F. Skoriny, 2(95). 142–149.
6. Bogdan, N. I. (2017) Innovatsionnaya politika i poisk novykh istochnikov ekonomicheskogo rosta: mirovye tendentsii i vyzovy dlya Belarusi [Innovation policy and the search for new sources of economic growth: global trends and challenges for Belarus]. Belorusskiy ekonomicheskiy zhurnal, 1. 4–23.
7. Fatkhullina, L. Z. & Shabaltina, L. V. (2011) Faktory rosta innovatsionnogo potentsiala regiona [Factors of the growth of innovative potential of the region]. Vestnik VEGU, 2 (52). 61–68.
8. Kamilov, S. D. & Fayzulloev, M. K. Otsenka innovatsionnogo potentsiala sotsial'no-ekonomicheskogo razvitiya regiona [Evaluation of innovative potential of socio-economic development of the region]. Problemy sovremennoy ekonomiki, 3(47). 369–373.
9. Merzlyakova, E. A. (2015) Kontseptual'nye osnovy razvitiya innovatsionnogo potentsiala regiona pod vozdeystviem sredovykh faktorov [Conceptual bases of the development of innovative potential of the region under the influence of environmental factors]. Sotsial'no-ekonomicheskie yavleniya i protsessy, 10/6. 51–55.
10. Alekseev, S. G. Integral'naya otsenka innovatsionnogo potentsiala regiona [Integrated assessment of innovative potential of the region]. URL: http://www.m-economy.ru/ art.php?nArtId=2554.
11. Abramov, V. I. (2012) Genezis innovatsionnogo potentsiala [The genesis of the innovative potential]. URL: http://www.teoria-practica.ru/-10-2012/economics/abramov.pdf.
12. Maskaykin, E. P. & Artser, T. V. (2009) Innovatsionnyy potentsial regiona: sushchnost', struktura, metodika otsenki i napravleniya razvitiya [Innovative potential of the region: essence, structure, the methods of evaluation and the directions of development]. Vestnik Yuzhno-Ural'skogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta. Seriya: Ekonomika i menedzhment, 21 (154). 47–53.
13. Matveykin, V. G., Dvoretskiy, S. I., Min'ko, L. V., Tarov, V. P., Chaynikova, L. N. & Letunova O. I. Innovatsionnyy potentsial: sovremennoe sostoyanie i perspektivy razvitiya: monografiya [Innovative potential: current state and development prospects] Moscow: «Izdatel'stvo Mashinostroenie-1», 284 s.
14. Golova, I. M. & Sukhovey, A. F. (2018) Vyzovy innovatsionnoy bezopasnosti regional'nogo razvitiya v usloviyakh tsifrovogo obshchestva [The challenges of innovative security of regional development in a digital society]. Ekonomika regiona, 14/3. 987-1002.
15. Loktev, A. V. (2012) Realizatsiya innovatsionnogo potentsiala kak neobkhodimoe uslovie ustoychivogo razvitiya ekonomiki regiona [Implementation of innovative potential as a necessary condition for sustainable development of the region's economy]. Sotsial'no-ekonomicheskie yavleniya i protsessy, 10(044). 109–114.
16. Nikitskaya, E. F. (2012) Innovatsionnyy potentsial kak osnova ustoychivogo ekonomicheskogo rosta [Innovative potential as a basis for sustainable economic growth]. Integral, 3. 48-50.
17. Main Science and Technology Indicators. OECD, Volume 2015/2 URL: http://www.keepeek.com/Digital-Asset-Management/oecd/science-and-technology/main-science-and-technology-indicators/volume-2015/issue-2_msti-v2015-2-en#. WNQ TJ2-LTIV#page1.
18. Reyting stran po naseleniyu v 2015 godu [The ranking of countries by population in 2015]. URL: https://nonews.co/directory/lists/countries/population.
Copyright (c) 2019 University Economic Bulletin
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.