Integrated management of forest use
Relevance of research topic. Implementation in Ukraine of the Strategy for Sustainable Development "Ukraine - 2020", which defines the purpose, vectors, road map, priorities and indicators, in particular, socio-economic, organizational, political and legal conditions of the establishment and development of Ukraine, directly and indirectly necessitates the reformation forestry. Formulation of the problem. The increasing role of the entire spectrum of forest functions necessitates new approaches to governance, in particular forest use, in order to protect the forest productivity potential in the context of sustainable development. Analysis of recent research and publications. Modern economic research in the field of forestry is concentrated mainly on the problem of the formation of an effective management system or the organization of integrated structures. Selection of unexplored parts of the general problem. There is an objective need for a scientific substantiation of the model of integrated governance of forest use, which would provision environmental, economic and social efficiency nature resources use in order to improve public welfare and implement sustainable development goals in Ukraine. Setting the task, the purpose of the study. The objectives of our study were to analyze existing nature resources use governance approaches at the macro and micro levels; justification of the integrated governance of forest use model; determining the main functional components of such a model and the algorithm for its implementation in governance practice. Research methodology. The theoretical and methodological foundations of the research are the fundamental principles of modern economic theory, economics of nature resources use, institutional, ecological economics, welfare theories, as well as governance and management, the concept of sustainable development. Presentation of the main material (results of work). The formation of the integrated governance of forest use model and the provision of environmental, economic and social efficiency nature resources use means a combination of a multidimensional landscape approach and the 7C model, as well as the development of integrated corporate structures based on sustainable forest management. The field of application of results. The results of the study can be implement in the field of economics and public administration in the decision-making process regarding forest governance and environmental protection. Conclusions according to the article. Successful implementation of integrated governance of forest use will increase the investment attractiveness of forestry and forest use, employment of the local population, development of rural / mountainous areas, environmental protection.
2. FAO (2013). Dobrovol'nye rukovodyashchie printsipy otvetstvennogo upravleniya vladeniem i pol'zovaniem zemel'nymi, lesnymi i rybnymi resursami v kontekste natsional'noy prodovol'stvennoy bezopasnosti [Voluntary guidelines on the responsible governance of tenure of land, fisheries and forests in the context of national food security]. 47 p. (In Rus.).
3. Shmatkova, N. (Ed.) (2012). Primery zarubezhnogo opyta ustoychivogo lesoupravleniya i lesopol'zovaniya [Examples of international experience in sustainable forest governance and forest use]. M., 2012. 180 p. (In Rus.).
4. Khvesik, M. A. & Shubalyy, A. M. (2014). Organizatsiya sistemy integrirovannogo upravleniya effektivnost'yu lesnogo kompleksa [Organization of a system for integrated governance of forest complex efficiency]. Izvestiya vysshikh uchebnykh zavedeniy. Lesnoy zhurnal - Proceedings of higher educational institutions. Forest Journal, 2 (338). 130-143 (In Rus.).
5. Chayldress, M. D., Zigel', P. & Torkhonen, M. (2014). Ustanovlenie vzaimosvyazey mezhdu zemel'noy politikoy i izmeneniem klimata: mnogomernyy landshaftnyy podkhod k territorial'nomu razvitiyu s fokusom na region Evropy i Tsentral'noy Azii (ETsA) [Linking land policy with climate change: a multi-dimensional landscape approach to territorial development with a focus on the Europe and Central Asia (ECA) Region]. URL: http://www.worldbank.org/content/dam/Worldbank/document/eca/central-asia/Climate-Change-Landscapes-and-Policy-in-ECA_RUS.pdf (In Rus.).
6. Mochernyi, S. V. (Ed.) (2005). Ekonomichnyi entsyklopedychnyi slovnyk [An economic encyclopedic dictionary]. In 2 vol. Vol. 1. Lviv : Svit. 616 p. (in Ukr.).
7. Motorina, O. Rabotaet li vasha kompaniya ideal'no? Model' McKinsey 7S [Does your company work perfectly? McKinsey 7S Model]. URL: http://powerbranding.ru/biznes-analiz/mckinsey-7s-model/ (In Rus.).
8. The United Nations Conference on Environment and Development (1992). Printsipy lesovodstva [Forest principles]. URL: http://www.un.org/ru/documents/decl_conv/conventions/forest.shtml (in Rus.).
9. FSC (2015). Principles and Criteria for Forest Stewardship FSC-STD-01-001 V5-2 URL: https://ic.fsc.org/file-download.fsc-principles-and-criteria-for-forest-stewardship.a-409.pdf (In En.).
10. Danko, M. S. (2005). Formuvannia korporatyvnykh struktur v Ukraini [Formation of corporate structures in Ukraine]. Ekonomika i prohnozuvannia – Economics and Forecasting, 4. 50-66 (In Ukr.).
11. Kalinichenko, L. L. (2011). Intehrovani biznes-struktury: sutnist ta otsinka efektyvnosti funktsionuvannia [Integrated business structures: the essence and evaluation of the functioning of the operation]. Visnyk ekonomiky transportu i promyslovosti – Bulletin of the economy of transport and industry, 34. 393-396 (In Ukr.).
12. UNDP (2010). A 'No-Regrets' Risk-Based Approach to Climate-Proofing of Public Infrastructure: Improved National and Sub-National Planning for Resilience and Sustainable Growth. URL: http://www.adaptationlearning.net/infrastructure-adaptation (In En.).
13. Siegel, P. B. (2011). No Regrets Approach to Decision-Making in a Changing Climate: Toward Adaptive Social Protection and Spatially Enabled Governance. Background Paper for World Resources Report 2010–2011. World Resources Institute : Washington, D.C. URL: http://www.wri.org/node/40262 (In En.).
14. Azriliyan, A. N. (1994). Bol'shoy ekonomicheskiy slovar' [Big economic dictionary]. M. : Fond «Pravovoaya kul'tura». 528 p. (In Rus.).
15. Chornyi, H. M., Mishchenko, I. A. & Vasiuta, T. M. (2013). Dekompozytsiia intehrovanoi upravlinskoi funktsii v teorii suchasnoho menedzhmentu [Decomposition of integrated management function in the theory of modern management]. Ahrosvit – Journal "Agrosvit", 7. 36-39 (In Ukr.).
16. Ministry of economic development and trade of Ukraine (2017). Tsili Staloho Rozvytku: Ukraina [Sustainable Development Goals: Ukraine].176 p. (In Ukr.).
17. Plyakin, A. V. (2011). Regional'naya prirodno-khozyaystvennaya sistema: mekhanizm prostranstvennoy ekonomicheskoy transformatsii [Regional natural-economic system: the mechanism of spatial economic transformation]. LAP LAMBERT Academic Publishing GmbH & Co. KG. 400 p. (In Rus.).
Copyright (c) 2019 University Economic Bulletin
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.