Budget expenditures as an instrument for demographic development
Relevance of the research topic. Budget expenditures are used as an instrument of state regulation of the dynamics of socio-demographic development of the country. Accordingly, the study of the impact of the trends of demographic development on the dynamics of socio-economic processes and the financial stability of the country in the medium and long term are relevant in order to use the regulatory capacity of budget expenditures to improve the demographic situation of the country and stimulate demographic growth. Formulation of the problem. Increasing the level of efficiency and effectiveness of fiscal policy while solving strategic tasks of socio-economic development of the country requires deepening research into the theoretical and methodological principles of using budget expenditures as an effective instrument for the regulation of demographic development, forecasting and planning of the expenditure part of the budget taking into account demographic factors. Analysis of recent research and publications. Problems of budgetary regulation of socio-demographic development of the country are devoted to the works of foreign and domestic scientists G. Becker, M. Blaug, G. Buchanan, A. Vishnevsky, O. Grishnova, S. Kapitsa, L. Kozarezenko, L. Lisyak, E. Libanova, G. Lopushniak, I. Lunina, A. Mazaraki, A. Smith, L. Thurow, V. Fedosova, I. Chugunova, T. Shults, S. Yurii and others. Selection of unexplored parts of the general problem. The study of budget expenditures as an instrument of demographic development is being updated due to the need to improve the quality level of budgetary regulation of the country's social development, the implementation of budget policy aimed at ensuring sustainable socio-economic development of the country, stability and balance of budgetary and pension systems in the medium and long-term prospect. Setting the task, the purpose of the study. The research objective is to analyze the peculiarities of using budget expenditures as a tool for regulation of socio-demographic development of the country for the formation and implementation of purposeful, consistent and effective budget policy. The purpose of the study is to reveal and improve the theoretical and methodological basics for the formation of budget expenditures in the system of state regulation of demographic development of the country. Method or methodology for conducting research. The article uses a set of scientific methods and approaches, including dialectic, system and structural methods, statistical, comparative and factor analysis, methods of scientific abstraction, analysis and synthesis. Presentation of the main material (results of work). The essence of budget expenditures as an instrument of regulation of demographic development of the country is revealed; improvement of the forecasting and planning of the budget expenditures taking into account demographic factors; an analysis of the trends of demographic development of Ukraine was made, priority directions of budget regulation of the demographic situation of the country were determined with the use of regulatory potential of budget expenditures. The field of application of results. The results of the study can be used in the process of formation and implementation of state policy in the field of budget expenditures. Conclusions according to the article. The use of budget expenditures as a tool for the regulation of demographic development implies a well-defined definition of the volume and structure of the expenditure part of the budget to influence the dynamics of socio-demographic processes in the country, taking into account their cyclicality and strategic priority directions of public development. The provisions on forecasting and planning of budget expenditures taking into account demographic factors are based on the consideration of the mutual influence of indicators of the budget expenditure and population and its age structure, the use of budget expenditures as an effective tool for the regulation of demographic trends.
2. Blaug, M. (1970) Introduction to the Economics of Education. London. [in Eng.].
3. B’yukenen, Dzh. M. & Masgreyv, R. A. (2004) Suspilni finansy i suspilnyy vybir [Public finances and social choice]: per. z anhl. Kyiv : Vyd. Dim «KM Akademiya», 175 s. [in Ukr.].
4. Vyshnevskyy, A. H. (2018) Demohrafycheskyy perekhod y hypoteza hyperbolycheskoho rosta naselenyya [The demographic transition and the hypothesis of hyperbolic population growth] Demohrafycheskoe obozrenye, 5/1. 64-105. [in Rus.].
5. Kapytsa, S. P. (2019) Ocherk teoryy rosta chelovechestva: demohrafycheskaya revolyutsyya y ynformatsyonnoe obshchestvo [Essay on the theory of human growth: demographic revolution and information society]. Moscow : URSS, 128 s. [in Rus.].
6. Smit, A. (2018) Bahatstvo narodiv. Doslidzhennya pro pryrodu ta prychyny dobrobutu natsiy [The Wealth of Nations. Studies on the nature and causes of the welfare of nations]. Kyiv : Nash format, 736 s. [in Ukr.].
7. Thurow, L. (1970) Investment in Human Capital. Belmont. [in Eng.].
8. Shults, T. (1961) Investment in Human Capital. The American Economic Review, 51/1. 1-17. [in Eng.].
9. Hrishnova, O. A. (2014) Lyudskyy, intelektualnyy i sotsialnyy kapital Ukrayiny: sutnist, vzayemozvyazok, otsinka, napryamy rozvytku [Human, intellectual and social capital of Ukraine: essence, interconnection, assessment, directions of development] // Sotsialno-trudovi vidnosyny: teoriya ta praktyka, 1. 34-40. [in Ukr.].
10. Kozarezenko, L. V. (2016) Rol byudzhetnoyi polityky v rozvytku lyudskoho potentsialu [The Role of Budget Policy in the Development of Human Potential] Finansy Ukrayiny, 7. 44-63. [in Ukr.].
11. Lysyak, L. V. (2015) Byudzhetna skladova realizatsiyi dominantnykh napryamiv suspilnoho rozvytku [Budget component of realization of dominant areas of social development]: monohrafiya. Dnipropetrovsk : DDFA, 396 s. [in Ukr.].
12. Libanova, E. M. (2012) Lyudskyy rozvytok v Ukrayini: sotsialni ta demohrafichni chynnyky modernizatsiyi natsionalnoyi ekonomiky [Human development in Ukraine: social and demographic factors of modernization of the national economy]: monohrafiya. K.: In-t demohrafiyi ta sotsialnykh doslidzhen im. M. V. Ptukhy NAN Ukrayiny, 320 s. [in Ukr.].
13. Libanova, E. M. (2014) Demohrafichni zrushennya v konteksti sotsialnoho rozvytku [Demographic shifts in the context of social development] Demohrafiya ta sotsialna ekonomika, 1(21). 9-23. [in Ukr.].
14. Lopushnyak, H. S. (2010) Byudzhetne finansuvannya sotsialnykh vydatkiv v umovakh transformatsiyi ekonomiky [Budgetary financing of social expenditures in the context of the transformation of the economy] Finansy Ukrayiny, 10. 38-46. [in Ukr.].
15. Zahorskyy, V. S. & Lopushnyak, H. S. (2013) Demohrafichni tendentsiyi ta yikh vplyv na sotsialno-ekonomichnyy rozvytok Ukrayiny [Demographic trends and their impact on the socio-economic development of Ukraine] Efektyvnist derzhavnoho upravlinnya. Zbirnyk naukovykh prats, 34. 13-21. [in Ukr.].
16. Luninа, I. O. (2014) Rozvytok derzhavnykh finansiv Ukrayiny v umovakh hlobalizatsiyi [Development of public finances of Ukraine in the conditions of globalization]. Kyiv : In-t ekon. ta prohnozuv. NAN Ukrayiny, 296 s. [in Ukr.].
17. Mazaraki, A. A., Chuhunov, I. Y., Pavelko, A. V. & in. (2015) Derzhavne finansove rehulyuvannya ekonomichnykh peretvoren [State financial regulation of economic transformations]: monohrafiya. Kyiv : Kyiv. nats. torh.-ekon. un-t, 376 s. [in Ukr.].
18. Fedosov, V. M. (2011) Makrofinanasove byudzhetuvannya [Macrofinance budgeting]. Kyiv : KNEU, 312 s. [in Ukr.].
19. Chuhunov, I. Y. & Kozarezenko, L. V. (2017) Derzhavne finansove rehulyuvannya rozvytku lyudskoho potentsialu [State financial regulation of human potential development] // Visnyk KNTEU, 3. 116-132. [in Ukr.].
20. Yuriy, S. & Demyanyshyn, V. (2010) Byudzhet, byudzhetna doktryna ta byudzhetna polityka derzhavy: suchasna paradyhma, imanentnyy determinizm, realiyi i perspektyvy [Budget, budget doctrine and budget policy of the state: modern paradigm, inherent determinism, realities and perspectives] Svit finansiv, 4. 7-27. [in Ukr.].
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.