Fundraising and grant writing as a special financial mechanism of scientific projects international support
The subject of the study is fundraising and grant writing technologies. The purpose of the study is to characterize the status of international grant financing of science in Ukraine in the context of fundraising and grant writing technologies. Methods of the study: generalization, analysis and synthesis, descriptive, statistical. Results and conclusions of work. The article analyzes the distribution of total expenditures for scientific and research work conducting by Ukrainian researchers based on funding sources. At the same time, a tendency was observed regarding the growth of the amount of financing the scientific and research works at the expense of foreign sources, i.e. grants. The emphasis was placed on the active participation of scientists in the implementation of various international project proposals in the context of significant underfinancing of domestic science. The following technologies and mechanisms for drawing up grant applications, search of international donors, qualitative accompaniment of scientific projects such as project management, fundraising, grant writing, crowdfunding are described. It has been established that grant funding can also be provided within the framework of international technical assistance. It is proved that Ukraine's attraction to the global «grant space» through special financial mechanisms of fundraising and grant writing will contribute to the increase of extrabudgetary revenues to finance research and improvement of material and technical support of certain institutions and organizations, as well as to develop scientific potential, more rational organization of scientific and research achievements, developed system of commercialization of scientific results. In particular, the focus is on the principles of fundraising and grant writing, requirements for professional fundraisers (fundraising managers), grant writers, their qualifications and personalities. We offer peculiarities of training specialists in fundraising and granting through the system of special courses, trainings, seminars, educational institutions, methodologies and educational literature. It is found out that such measures do not guarantee the comprehensiveness and resolution of issues related to high-quality specialists training, as technologies permitted in Ukraine nowadays not in full measure provide an effective public assistance tool due to lack of researches and developments in this area. One of the prospects for fundraising and grant writing development in Ukraine is the need to organize the education of relevant specialists at the university level.
2. Bogolib, T. M. (2014). Osvitniy ta naukovyy fandrayzynh v Ukrayini [Educational and scientific fundraising in Ukraine]. Nauchnye trudy DonNTU. Seriya: ekonomicheskaya – Scientific works of Donetsk National Technical University. Series: economic,5, 11-17 [in Ukr.].
3. Hrantraytynh: metod. rek. dlya orhaniv publichnoyi vlady shchodo napysannya proektnykh zayavok (2015). [Grant writing: Guidelines for public authorities in writing project applications]. (Ed.). O. S. Zinchenko, O. V. Kulinich, P. Yu. Kulish. Kharkiv: Zoloti storinky, 80 p. [in Ukr.].
4. Dey, M. O. (2016). Upravlinnya naukovymy proektamy: osoblyvosti napysannya uspishnoyi zayavky na hrant [Management of scientific projects: features of writing a successful application for a grant]. Mizhnarodnyy yurydychnyy visnyk: zbirnyk naukovykh prats Natsionalnoho universytetu derzhavnoyi podatkovoyi sluzhby Ukrayiny– International Legal Bulletin: Collection of Scientific Papers of the National University of the State Tax Service of Ukraine, 1 (3), 212-215 [in Ukr.].
5. Derzhavna sluzhba statystyky Ukrayiny. Ofitsiynyy sayt [State Statistics Service of Ukraine. Official site]. URL:http://www.ukrstat.gov.ua/. [in Ukr.].
6. Zlobina, S. N. (2011). Grantraytingif and rayzing kak uslovie podderzhki regionalnoy nauki [Grant writing and fundraising as a condition for supporting regional science]. URL: http://www.rusnauka.com/29_DWS_2011/Pedagogica/4_92795.doc.htm. [in Rus.].
7. Informatsiya shchodo mizhnarodnoyi tekhnichnoyi dopomohy, shcho nadayetsya Ukrayini za rezultatamy provedenoho Minekonomrozvytku monitorynhu proektiv u pershomu pivrichchi 2018 roku. (2018). [Information on international technical assistance provided to Ukraine by the results of the Ministry of Economic Development and Trade on monitoring of projects in the first half of 2018]. Vydannya Ministerstva ekonomichnoho rozvytku i torhivli Ukrayiny, 55 p. [in Ukr.].
8. Novaya professiya – grantrayter [A new profession – grant writer]. Gazeta «Derzhava»– Newspaper «State», 8V(736) 6 – 12.03.2015. URL: https://www.2000.ua/v-nomere/derzhava/realii/novaja-professija--grantraiter.htm.[in Rus.].
9. Ovcharova, L. P., Bodeko, V. P. (2016). Uchast Ukrayiny v Yevropeyskykh naukovykh prohramakh: tendentsiyi ta perspektyvy [Ukraine's Participation in European Scientific Programs: Trends and Prospects]. Suchasni problemy ekonomiky i pidpryyemnytstva– Modern problems of economics and entrepreneurship, 18, 33-42 [in Ukr.].
10. Osnovy hrantraytynhu ta upravlinnya proektamy v publichniy sferi: metod. rek. dlya orhaniv vlady ta nederzh. orh-tsiy (2017). [Fundamentals of grant writingand project management in the public sphere: methodological recommendations for authorities and non-governmental organizations]. (Ed.). V. V. Belyavtseva, A. I. Hnatenko, O. S. Zinchenko. Kharkiv: Zoloti storinky, 148 p. [in Ukr.].
11. Rada molodykh vchenykh Dnipropetrovskoyi oblasti. Ofitsiynyy sayt [The Council of Young Scientists of Dnipropetrovsk Region. Official site]. URL: http://rmv.dp.ua/osinnya-shkola-molodih-vchenih-z-grantraytingu-2017/. [in Ukr.].
12. Sbruyev, M. H. (2015). Tekhnolohiyi hrantovoho suprovodu naukovo-doslidnykh proektiv v universytetakh SShA [Technology of grant support for research projects at USA universities]. Pedahohichni nauky: teoriya, istoriya, innovatsiyni tekhnolohiyi: naukovyy zhurnal – Pedagogical sciences: theory, history, innovative technologies: scientific journal. Sumy, 3 (47), 139-153 [in Ukr.].
13. Sokolovska, V. V. (2015). Sutnist ta perspektyva rozvytku v Ukrayini fandrayzynhu [The essence and prospect of development of fundraising in Ukraine]. Efektyvna ekonomika: elektronnyy zhurnal– Efficient economy: e-journal, 9. URL: http://www.economy.nayka.com.ua/?op=1&z=4453. [in Ukr.].
14. Fandreyzynh [Fundraising]. URL: https://uk.wikipedia.org/wiki/%D0%A4%D0%B0%D0%BD%D0%B4%D1%80%D0% B5%D0%B9%D0%B7%D0%B8%D0%BD%D0%B3. [in Ukr.].
15. Fandreizynh. Navchalnyi posibnyk dlia posadovykh osib mistsevoho samovriaduvannia (2015). [Fundraising. A manual for local self-government officials]. Kyiv: TOV «PIDPRYIEMSTVO «VI EN EI», 84 p. [in Ukr.].
16. Cherniavska, O. V., Sokolova, A. M. (2015). Fandraizynh. Navch. posib. [Fundraising. Tutorial]. Kyiv: Alerta, 272 p. [in Ukr.].
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.