Newest trends in the research of individual’s economic behavior at the beginning of the XXI century
Relevance of the research topic. There are a large number of schools which study the economic behavior of an individual in modern economic science, who is the starting point in the decision-making system. Research on the latest trends in the study of an individual's economic behavior is relevant, as it enables us to use new approaches to solve pressing problems in economic science. Formulation of the problem. Mainstream and heterodoxy exist in economic science at the same time. It is necessary to clearly distinguish what aspects and ideas a particular trend is exploring, and what questions determine which scientific world is drawn to and why. Recent studies have shown that scientists are inclined to use the ideas of heterodoxy, since its methodology, ideas and conclusions can address a number of questions and provide answers about the peculiarities of an individual's economic behavior. Analysis of recent research and publications. In a wide range of domestic and foreign publications the basic ideas of modern scientific approaches to the economic behavior of the individual are covered. However, these studies do not systematize information about mainstream heterodox schools. The purpose of the study is to systematize information about ideas of the modern heterodoxy and to substantiate the existence of pluralism in modern economic science. The methodological basis of the article was general scientific and specific research methods, including induction, deduction, analysis, synthesis and comparison. Results: The main schools of the beginning of the 21st century are examined, which explore the process of decision making by an individual in the economic system. The basic tendencies of sympathizing the scientific world to the views of representatives of heterodoxy, who consider that a person is not a rational subject, are covered. Information about all schools is systematized in the conclusion The analysis of why the neoclassical approach is mainstream is made in the end of the article.It is assumed whether there is a chance and under what conditions modern pluralism can change the basic models of economics. Conclusions. The reasons for applying the ideas of mainstream and heterodoxy were outlined on the basis of the study. It was determined that the using of ideas from different approaches is caused by the conditions of the research and the problem that the researcher wants to solve.
2. Kaneman, D. (2014). Dumay medlenno… reshay bystro [Thinking, Fast and Slow]. 427 p. (In Rus.).
3. Kahneman, D. (1979). Prospect Theory: An Analysis of Decision under Risk. Econometrica, 47. p. 263-291.
4. Smit, V. (2008). Eksperimental'naya ekonomika (kompleks issledovaniy, po sovokupnosti kotorykh avtoru prisuzhdena Nobelevskaya premiya) [Experimental Economics (a set of studies, in the aggregate of which the author was awarded the Nobel Prize)]. Vernon Smit; per. s angl. pod nauchn. red. R. M. Nureeva. Moscow: IRISEN; Mysl'. 808 p. (In Rus.).
5. Taler, R. (2017). Novaya povedencheskaya ekonomika. Pochemu lyudi narushayut pravila traditsionnoy ekonomiki i kak na etom zarabotat' [Why do people break the rules of the traditional economy and how to make money]. Moscow: Eksmo. 458 p. (In Rus.).
6. Levitt, D. S. (2010). Superfrikonomika [Superfreakonomics]. 284 p. (In Rus.).
7. Kamerer, K. (2014). Nevrologiya i teoriya igr: naskol'ko khorosho lyudi umeyut strategicheski myslit'? [Neurology and game theory: how well do people have to think strategically?]. URL: http://lpgenerator.ru/blog/ 2014/09/22/nevrologiya-i-teoriya-igr-naskolko-horosho-lyudi-umeyut-strategicheski-myslit/ (In Rus.).
8. Kornyliuk, R. (2010). Micheni Nobelem: try teoretyky poshuku [Labels by Nobel: Three Search Theorists]. URL: https://www.epravda.com.ua/publications/2010/10/15/252206/ (In Ukr.).
9. Soldatov, A. Neyroekonomika: nasha zhizn' kak vybor [Neuroeconomics: our life as a choice]. Psyhologies. URL: http://www.psychologies.ru/self-knowledge/behavior/neyroekonomika-jizn-kak-vyibor/ (In Rus.).
10. Zolotykh, I. B. (2004). Istoriia ekonomichnykh vchen [History of economic thought]. 314 p. (In Ukr.).
11. The Sveriges Riksbank Prize in Economic Sciences in Memory of Alfred Nobel 2001. Nobelprize.org. URL: https://www.nobelprize.org/nobel_prizes/economic-sciences/laureates/2001/
12. The Sveriges Riksbank Prize in Economic Sciences in Memory of Alfred Nobel 2002. Nobelprize.org. URL: https://www.nobelprize.org/nobel_prizes/economic-sciences/laureates/2002/
13. The Sveriges Riksbank Prize in Economic Sciences in Memory of Alfred Nobel 2010. Nobelprize.org. URL: https://www.nobelprize.org/nobel_prizes/economic-sciences/laureates/2010/
14. The Sveriges Riksbank Prize in Economic Sciences in Memory of Alfred Nobel 2017. Nobelprize.org. URL: https://www.nobelprize.org/nobel_prizes/economic-sciences/laureates/2017/
15. Laboratoriya eksperimental'noy i povedencheskoy ekonomiki natsional'nogo issledovatel'skogo universiteta «Vysshey shkoly ekonomiki» [Laboratory of Experimental and Behavioral Economics of the National Research University Higher School of Economics]. URL: http://epee.hse.ru/exp (In Rus.).
16. Glavnye kandidaty na Nobelevskuyu premiyu po ekonomike [The main candidates for the Nobel Prize in Economics]. URL: http://www.vestifinance.ru/articles/63241 (In Rus.).
17. Sal'kova, A. (2017). Gerpes i nanotrubki: kto poluchit Nobelya? [Herpes and Nanotubes: Who Will Get the Nobel?]. Gazeta.ru. URL: https://www.gazeta.ru/science/2017/10/01_a_10913120.shtml (In Rus.).
18. Official Economics Nobel Prize 2018 Predictions thread. Economics Job Market Rumors. URL: https://www.econjobrumors.com/topic/official-economics-nobel-prize-2018-predictions-thread/
19. Oklander, M., Oklander, T., Yashkina, O. (2018). Tendentsii marketynhovykh doslidzhen: onlain paneli ta onlain spilnoty. innovatsii [Marketing Research Trends: Online Dashboards and Online Communities]. Marketynh i menedzhment – Marketing and Innovation Management, 1. p.118-129. (In Ukr.).
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.