Debt policy in the economic transformation
Relevance of the research topic. In the context of transformation changes, it is important to identify the priority areas of debt policy as an instrument of socio-economic development of the country, the introduction of effective instruments for managing public debt in the institutional environment. Quite important is the study on the efficiency of debt policy. Formulation of the problem. In modern conditions, during the period of financial globalization, public debt is an integral part of the financial systems of most countries of the world. Particularly important are the priorities of debt policy for countries with a transformational economy, because they need to allocate a significant amount of financial resources to carry out and achieve effective results of reforms. It is important to develop and implement a coherent debt strategy, as well as to correct it for solving current problems. Analysis of recent research and publications. The issue of debt policy of the state is quite relevant today for the majority of countries of the world and are common in scientific works of the well-known foreign and domestic scientists. The following foreign scientists have made a significant contribution to the study of public debt and debt policy: R. Barro, D. Buchanan, A. Wagner, J. Keynes, D. Ricardo, P. Samuelson, J. Stiglitz, W. Thompson, F. Friedman and others. The theoretical and practical questions concerning the formation, management and maintenance of public debt under conditions of transformational changes in the economy are devoted to the work of such Ukrainian scientists as O. Vasylyk, I. Zapatrina, L. Lisyak, I. Lukianenko, A. Mazaraki, M. Pasichnyi, V. Fedosov, I. Chugunov and others. Selection of unexplored parts of the general problem. However, there are a number of underdeveloped issues related to the formation and repayment of public debt in the context of the transformation of the economy in both the medium and long-term periods. Setting the task, the purpose of the study. The research objective is to analyze the state debt of Ukraine as a result of the implementation of debt policy. The purpose of the study is to determine the main tasks of the debt policy of Ukraine. Method or methodology for conducting research. The combination of research methods were used in writing the article: systematic approach, statistical analysis, structuring, analysis and synthesis, and others. Presentation of the main material (results of work). Indicators of state and state-guaranteed debt in terms of repayment currencies, the structure of domestic government loans that were raised to the budget by placing bonds on the primary market were analyzed in the article. The priority tasks of the debt policy in the medium and long-term perspective were proposed. The field of application of results. The results of this study can be applied in the process of formation and implementation of Ukraine's debt policy. Conclusions according to the article. At the present stage of economic development it is important to increase the impact of the use of debt management methods based on the formation of the debt policy priorities for the medium and long term persrective. In carrying out an effective debt policy, the government should reduce the spread of crisis phenomena and debt risks, as well as reduce the total debt burden on the economy. The article defines the priority tasks of Ukraine's debt policy in the medium term.
2. Zaruts'ka O. P. (2018). Oblihatsiyi vnutrishnikh derzhavnykh pozyk v Ukrayini: osoblyvosti tsinoutvorennya v umovakh nedoskonaloho rynku. [Bonds of domestic state loans in Ukraine: features of pricing in the imperfect market]. Ukrayins'kyy sotsium, 1(64). 74–94. [in Ukr.].
3. Makohon V.D. (2016). Systema upravlinnya derzhavnym borhom v umovakh ekonomichnykh peretvoren'. [The system of public debt management in the context of economic transformation]. Zovnishnya torhivlya: ekonomika, finansy, pravo, 5(88). 83–92. [in Ukr.].
4. Pasichnyy M. D. (2018). Polityka upravlinnya derzhavnym borhom. [Public debt management policy]. Visnyk KNTEU, 5. 19–34. [in Ukr.].
5. Pasichnyk Yu. V.(2015). Stratehiya borhovoyi polityky derzhavy: suchasni tendentsiyi ta perspektyvy. [Strategy of the State Debt Policy: Contemporary Trends and Prospects]. Naukovyy visnyk Uzhhorods'koho natsional'noho universytetu, 4. 96–99 [in Ukr.].
6. Seredn'ostrokova stratehiya upravlinnya derzhavnym borhom na 2019-2022 roky. URL: https://www.kmu.gov.ua/storage/app/sites/1/17-prezentation-2019/6.2019/Strategija%20upravlinnja.pdf [in Ukr.].
7. Budget policy of social development. Chugunov I., Kaneva T., Makogon V., Pasichnyi M., Nikitishin A., Adamenko I., Krykun T., Kozarezenko L., Sobchuk S. General editorship Chugunov I. Scientific (2018) Route. Tallinn, Estonia. 348 p. [in Eng.].
8. Markuts Y. I., Adamenko I. P., Husarevych N. V. (2018) Consolidated budget as a social development tool. Фінансово-кредитна діяльність: проблеми теорії та практики. Т. 3. № 26. С. 493–500. [in Eng.].
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.