Monetary policy under economic transformation in Ukraine
The research subject includes the theoretical basis and mechanisms of monetary policy formation and realization as an instrument of macroeconomic regulation. The aim of the study is to determine the features of domestic monetary policy and to systemize the policy’s stages under economic transformations. Methods. In order to achieve the appropriate tasks, we used a set of methods and approaches, that helped to ensure the conceptual unity of our investigation. The dialectical, systemic and structural approaches, methods of analysis and synthesis, comparison, generalization, scientific abstraction are applied. Results. The peculiarities of formation and realization of monetary policy of Ukraine under economic transformations are determined. The main stages of national monetary policy’s development are systemized. The dynamics of monetization, exchange rate and index of consumer price from 1992 to 2018 is investigated. Practical implications. Monetaryl policy and instruments of its implementation. Conclusions. Nowadays, the monetary policy has a formed institutional mechanism in order to reach the main goal and tasks. We identified the main phases of monetary policy of Ukraine. In the initial stage the main elements of monetary architectonics are established, also the powers and tasks of central bank are defined. The stage of functional improvement characterized by the restriction on central bank repayment of bonds on the primary market, decreasing the monetization of national economy, introducing the currency exchange corridor. At the steady development phase, we determined the exchange rate stability and gradual increasing of monetization level. Within the transitional stage of modification, the raising of monetization was continued, moreover, the combined using of methods on the currency market was carried out to stabilize it. Also, National bank defined the priority directions to enhance the bank system. The stage of institutional modernization is characterized by the monetary strategy formation, increasing the central bank institutional and financial independence, the adoption of inflation targeting regime, the improving of basic statements of currency transaction, the developing of macroprudential regulation to ensure financial stability.
2. Bukovyns'kyj, S. A., Unkovs'ka, T. Je. & Dzhus, M. O. (2015). Do pytannja rozrobky strategii' monetarnoi'polityky Nacional'nogo banku Ukrai'ny [On the issue of elaboration of the monetary policy strategy of the National Bank of Ukraine]. Ekonomika Ukrai'ny – Ukraine economy, 8, 4-30 [in Ukr.].
3. Dzjubljuk, O. V. (2017). Monetarna polityka jak kljuchovyj vazhil' realizacii' antykryzovyh zahodiv vekonomici [Monetary policy as a key lever for implementing anti-crisis measures in the economy]. Bankivs'ka sprava –Banking, 2, 3-26 [in Ukr.].
4. Mishchenko, V., Naumenkova, S., Mishchenko, S., Ivanov, V. (2018). Inflation and economic growth: thesearch for a compromise for the Central Bank's monetary policy. Banks and Bank Systems, 13 (2), 153-163. DOI: 10.21511/bbs.13(2).2018.13 [in Eng.].
5. Mishhenko, V. I. & L'on, I. M. (2017). Rol' monetarnogo reguljuvannja u stymuljuvanni ekonomichnogorozvytku [The role of monetary regulation in stimulating economic development]. Finansy Ukrai'ny – Finance of Ukraine, 4, 75-93 [in Ukr.].
6. Sims, C. A. (2016). Fiscal policy, monetary policy and central bank independence. In Kansas Citi FedJackson Hole Conference. www.kansascityfed.org. URL: https://www.kansascityfed.org/~/media/files/publicat/ sympos/2016/econsymposium-sims-paper.pdf [in Eng.].
7. Hanson, S. G. & Stein, J. C. (2015). Monetary policy and long-term real rates. Journal of Financial Economics, 115 (3), 429-448 [in Eng.].
8. Shul'ga, N. (2016). Refinansuvannja bankiv Ukrai'ny [Refinancing of Ukrainian banks]. Herald of KNUTE, 3, 78-88 [in Ukr.].
9. Ghosh, A. R., Ostry, J. D. & Chamon, M. (2016). Two targets, two instruments: monetary and exchangerate policies in emerging market economies. Journal of International Money and Finance, 60, 172-196 [in Eng.].
10. Kozjuk, V. (2018). Cinova stabil'nist' i tergetuvannja infljacii' v syrovynnyh ekonomikah: makroekonomikachy politekonomija? [Price stability and inflation targeting in commodity economies: macroeconomics or political economy?] Visnyk Nac. banku Ukrai'ny – Bulletin of the National Bank of Ukraine, 24, 4-25 [in Ukr.].
11. Menkhoff, L. (2013). Foreign exchange intervention in emerging markets: a survey of empirical studies. The World Economy, 36 (9), 1187-1208 [in Eng.].
12. Dzjubljuk, O. V. (2016). Valjutna polityka jak faktor makroekonomichnoi' stabilizacii' [Foreign exchangepolicy as a factor in macroeconomic stabilization]. Finansy Ukrai'ny – Finance of Ukraine, 11, 33-51 [in Ukr.].
13. Pasichnyy, M. (2018). Metodolohichni zasady formuvannya finansovoyi polityky krayiny [Methodological principles of formation of financial policy of the country]. Zovnishnya torhivlya: ekonomika, finansy, pravo, 3. 116–130 [in Ukr.].
14. Stelmakh, V. S. (2009). Monetarna polityka Natsionalnoho banku Ukrainy: suchasnyi stan ta perspektyvy zmin [The monetary policy of the National Bank of Ukraine: Current State and Prospects of changes]. Tsentr naukovykh doslidzhen Natsionalnoho banku Ukrainy, UBS NBU, Kyiv, Ukraine, 404 [in Ukr.].
15. Chugunov, I. Y., Pavelko, A. V., Kanjeva, T. V. ta in. (2015). Derzhavne finansove reghuljuvannja ekonomichnykh peretvorenj [State financial regulation of economic transformations]. Kyiv National University of Trade and Economics, Kyiv, Ukraine, 376 р. [in Ukr.].
16. Chugunov, I. Ya., Pasichnyi, M. D. (2016). Finansova polityka Ukrainy v umovakh hlobalizatsii ekonomiky [The financial policy of Ukraine in the conditions of globalization of the economy]. Visnyk KNTEU - Herald of Kyiv National University of Trade and Economics, 5. 5–18. [in Ukr.].
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.