The public debt of Ukraine as a particular factor of the state security
Relevance of research topic. The constant growth of Ukraine's public debt requires effective management of it. The larger the amount of debt, the harder it is to serve the state, so this topic is especially relevant in the context of those economic situations in which Ukraine has been during the recent years of the hybrid war with Russia and the protracted financial crisis. Formulation of the problem. The social and economic significance of public debt is increasing every year, because it is linked to the country's debt security, which affects the budget capacity of the state. The problem is the search of ways to improve the mechanism of public debt management in the direction of strengthening Ukraine's debt security, which since independence has been living at the expense of IMF loans. Analysis of recent research and publications. The theoretical foundations of state debt and debt security, methodological approaches to its evaluation, the formation of a mechanism for providing debt security and its management were highlighted in the works of O. Baranovsky, D. Boyko, Z. Varnaliy, V. Kozyuk, M. Kubai, O. Cheberyako and other scientists. Selection of unexplored parts of the general problem. Despite the rather deep theoretical study of the issue of debt security of the state, it should be noted that there is a need for its further study taking into account the specifics of the national economic situation and the strategic course of Ukraine on European integration. Setting the task, the purpose of the study. The purpose of the article is to study the state of debt security in Ukraine by analyzing the dynamics of public debt and developing recommendations for raising the level of debt security of the country. A specific goal has necessitated the following tasks: to study the theoretical foundations of state debt and debt security; to analyze the dynamics of changes in the state debt of Ukraine and the state of national debt security; to determine the problems of management of the state debt, which resulted in the existing state of debt security in Ukraine; to propose of ways to optimize public debt to strengthen debt security. Method or methodology for conducting research. During the research historical, analytical-empirical, inductive-deductive, comparative research methods were used to implement the principle of objectivity of scientific presentation, as well as in the determination of the debt condition of Ukraine, tools of economic-mathematical modeling and graphical presentation of research results were used. Presentation of the main material (results of work). The work is disclosed the theoretical foundations of the state debt, shows his place in economic research and the influence on the debt security of the state. The condition of the state debt of Ukraine is analyzed. The features and rationale for strengthening the debt security of Ukraine through the prism of improving the mechanism for managing and servicing the public debt are disclosed. The field of application of results. The results of the study can be used in the theory and practice of public debt management. The assessment of debt indicators and their analysis will be an expedient source of information for developing ways to strengthen Ukraine's debt security. Conclusions according to the article. One of the main components of financial security is debt security. The role of its decisive component - public debt - determines the priority of public debt management and its servicing, which is an important condition for the stability of the financial system of the state and security. Debt security of Ukraine is in an unsatisfactory state, for improvement it is necessary to improve the debt policy of the state and debt management.
2. Liutyi, I. O., Borynets, S. Ya., Varnalii, Z. S., & oth. (2017). Finansy. Pidruchnyk [Finances. Tutorial] ; za red. I. O. Liutoho. Kyiv : Vydavnytstvo Lira-K. 720 p. [in. Ukr.].
3. Cheberiako, O. V., Pasichna, N. M. (2016). Derzhavnyi borh yak indykator borhovoi bezpeky [Public debt as an indicator of debt security]. Ekonomichnyi visnyk universytetu - University Economic Bulletin, 31 (1). 283-291. URL: http://nbuv.gov.ua/UJRN/ecvu_2016_31%281%29__43
4. Kubai, M. (2014). Kontseptualni zasady doslidzhennia borhovoi bezpeky [Conceptual principles of the study of debt security]. Visnyk Lvivskoi komertsiinoi akademii - Bulletin of the Lviv Commercial Academy, 46. 38–43. [in. Ukr.].
5. Boiko, D. I., Kokovikhina, O. O., Lysonkova, N. M. (2018). Vyznachennia sutnosti borhovoi bezpeky derzhavy ta identyfikatsiia yii zahroz [Determination of the essence of debt security of the state and identification of its threats]. Pryazovskyi ekonomichnyi visnyk – Azov Economic Bulletin, 4. 134–139. [in. Ukr.].
6. Ofitsiinyi sait Svitovoho banku [The World Bank's official website]. URL : https://www.worldbank.org/. [in. Ukr.].
7. Ofitsiinyi sait Mizhnarodnoho Valiutnoho Fondu [Official site of the International Monetary Union]. URL : https://www.imf.org/external/russian/index.htm. [in. Ukr.].
8. Pro zatverdzhennia rekomendatsii shchodo rozrakhunku rivnia ekonomichnoi bezpeky Ukrainy, Nakaz Minekonomrozvytku Ukrainy №1277 vid 29 zhovtnia 2013 roku. [On approving the recommendations for the calculation of the level of economic security of Ukraine, Ministry of Economic Development and Trade of Ukraine No 127 of October 29, 2013]. Ministerstvo ekonomichnoho rozvytku i torhivli Ukrainy: URL: http://www.me.gov.ua/file/link/222830 /file/1277. [in. Ukr.].
9. Pro zatverdzhennia Metodyky rozrakhunku rivnia ekonomichnoi bezpeky Ukrainy, Nakaz Minekonomrozvytku Ukrainy №60 vid 2 bereznia 2007 roku [On approval of the Methodology for calculating the level of economic security of Ukraine [Ministry of Economic Development of Ukraine No 60 of March 2, 2007] Ministerstvo ekonomichnoho rozvytku i torhivli Ukrainy: URL: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/rada/show/v0060665-07/ed20070302 [in. Ukr.].
10. Ofitsiinyi sait Ministerstva finansiv Ukrainy. [Official site of the Ministry of Finance of Ukraine]. URL: http://www.minfin.gov.ua [in. Ukr.].
11. Derzhavnyi borh Ukrainy za danymy Ministerstva finansiv Ukrainy 2019 [State Debt of Ukraine: According to the Ministry of Finance of Ukraine 2019] URL: https://index.minfin.com.ua/ua/finance/debtgov/2018
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.