The impact of tax and budget policy on the level of economic growth
Relevance of the research topic. In the current conditions of development of social relations, the issues of increasing the validity of fiscal policy, using its regulatory potential for the proper fulfillment of tasks and functions entrusted to them by state bodies and local self-government bodies are actualized. An important task of fiscal policy is to improve its instruments aimed at accelerating economic growth. At the same time, the peculiarities of the formation and implementation of fiscal policy in both the advanced and transformational economies are conditioned by a number of factors, the most important of which are: the level of economic growth and institutional capacity of the country. Formulation of the problem. Based on the transformation processes in the domestic system of public finances, the major tasks are: the reconciliation of fiscal policy with the strategic task of socio-economic development of the country, improving the architecture of budget revenues and expenditures; ensuring the concentration of limited budgetary resources in those sectors of the economy that will facilitate the acceleration of economic growth, which requires further scientific studies of theoretical and applied aspects of fiscal policy formulation and implementation, assessment of its impact on the level of economic growth. At the same time, the choice of fiscal policy instruments should be made taking into account the cyclical and dynamic economic processes. Analysis of recent research and publications. The problems of forming and implementing fiscal policy are quite common in scientific research. These are the works of well-known domestic and foreign scientists: J. Buchanan, W. Mitchell, J. M. Keynes, T. Bogolib, I. Zapatrina, L. Lisyak, I. Chugunov and others. Highlighting unexplored parts of a common problem. The aforementioned issues are updated due to the increasing globalization processes, the unfavorable external and internal economic environment, which requires a number of specific tasks related to the development of fiscal policy. Goal setting, research goals. The objectives of the study are: to reveal the nature and role of fiscal policy in ensuring economic growth, to substantiate the features of fiscal policy in the current conditions of development of the public finance system; to analyze and evaluate the consolidated budget revenues and expenditures; identify the main factors that influence the peculiarities of fiscal policy implementation; to open up provisions for improving the efficiency of the fiscal policy regulatory mechanism. The purpose of the study is to substantiate the priorities of fiscal policy of economic growth in the context of institutional transformation. Research method or methodology. The set of methods of scientific research is applied in the article: systematic approach, statistical analysis, structuring, analysis, synthesis, etc. Basic material presentation (results of work). The essence and role of fiscal policy in ensuring the economic growth of the country are determined. The consolidated budget revenues and expenditures have been analyzed and estimated. The priorities of fiscal policy of economic growth in the context of institutional transformations are substantiated. Area of application of results. The results of this study can be applied in the process of forming and implementing fiscal policy of Ukraine, reforming the public finance system. Conclusions according to article. Fiscal policy is a dynamic system of goals, directions and tasks of public authorities and local self-government aimed at ensuring the stability, stability and balance of the budget system, further improving the institutional environment of budgetary relations, taking into account the cyclical and dynamic economic processes. Developing an effective fiscal policy involves developing a structural and functional model of fiscal policy that is based on the integration of institutional components of the budgetary space. Assessment of the impact of fiscal policy on economic growth should include a detailed analysis of the architecture of budgetary indicators, as well as an assessment of possible risks. In modern conditions of development of social relations the important tasks of fiscal policy are: optimization of the level of tax burden; improvement of the architectonics of budget expenditures (a significant share of budget expenditures goes to consumption); improving the architecture of budget revenues, in particular by changing the relationship between indirect and direct taxes; raising the level of the regulatory function of fiscal policy, in particular by supporting the development of major sectors of the economy. The article identifies strategic priorities of fiscal policy of economic growth in the context of institutional transformations.
2. B’yukenen Dzh. M., Masgreyv R. A. (2004). Suspilni finansy i suspilnyy vybir [Public finances and social choice]: per. z anhl. Kyiv: Vyd. Dim «KM Akademiya», 175 s. [in Ukr.]
3. Blaug M. Mitchel & Uesli Kler (2008). 100 velikikh ekonomistov do Keynsa [Great Economists before Keynes: An introduction to the lives & works of one hundred great economists of the past], SPb.: Ekonomikus, P. 218–221. [in Rus.]
4. Keyns Dzh. M. (2012). Obshchaya teoriya zanyatosti, protsenta i deneg; [per. s angl.]. M.: Gelios, 352 s. [in Rus.]
5. Bogolib, T. M., Boholyb, M. A. (2018). Obespechenie otkrytosti i prozrachnosti obshchestvennykh finansom, rasshirenie praktiki obshchestvennogo uchastiya [Ensuring openness and transparency of public finances, expanding the practice of public participation] Ekonomichnyi visnyk universytetu – University Economic Bulletin, 36/1. 23-32. [in Rus].
6. Sidenko, V. R., Skrypnychenko M. I., Ponomarenko V. S., Chugunova I. Ya. ta in. (2017). Instytutsiina transformatsiia finansovo-ekonomichnoi systemy Ukrainy v umovakh hlobalizatsii [Institutional transformation of the financial and economic system of Ukraine in the conditions of globalization]. Kyiv : Kyiv. nats. torh.-ekon. un-t, 646 р. [in Ukr.].
7. Lysiak, L. V., Zhuravel, M. O. (2018). Biudzhetna polityka yak instrument zabezpechennia finansovoi bezpeky Ukrainy [Budget policy yak іnstrument zapepechennya finіnancevo bezpeki Ukraine]. Modern economics. 9. 53–59. [in Ukr.]
8. Chugunov, I. Ya., Makohon, V. D. (2007). Teoretyko-metodolohichni zasady perspektyvnoho prohnozuvannia dokhodiv mistsevykh biudzhetiv [Theoretical and methodological principles of perspective forecasting of local budget revenues]. Naukovi pratsi NDFI. Vyp. 2. 3–14. [in Ukr.]
9. Podatkovij kodeks Ukrai'ny: Zakon Ukrai’ny vid 02 grudnja 2010 roku № 2755 – VI (zi zminamy i dopovnenjamy) [Tax Code of Ukraine: Law of Ukraine dated 02.12.2010 № 2755 – VI.]. URL: http://zakon4.rada.gov.ua/laws [in Ukr.].
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.