“Green” bonds as a perspective instrument of attracting investments in ecological projects in Ukraine
Relevance of research topic. The global economic trend is characterized by the “greening” of investment processes in order to ensure sustainable development. One of the instruments of attracting green investments in the economy is green bonds. In this regard, there is a need to create and operate a green bond market in Ukraine. Formulation of the problem. Ukraine has joined the global institutions promoting sustainable development and has declared the transition to a “green” economy, so analysis of foreign experience is needed to develop recommendations to a regulatory framework that will help solve the problem of attracting “green” investments in the Ukrainian economy. Analysis of recent research and publications. Among scientists and practitioners dealing with the problems of green investments, we should mention O. Veklic, Y. Podvisotsky, K. Markevich, M. Grityshina, A. Frolov. Selection of unexplored parts of the general problem. The issue of using green bonds to finance environmental projects in Ukraine remains poorly understood. Setting the task, the purpose of the study. The purpose of the study is to analyze the global trends in the green bond market and to develop recommendations for using this type of bond to finance environmental projects in Ukraine. Method or methodology for conducting research. The theoretical basis of the study is the dialectical method of cognition and a comprehensive approach to the study of economic processes in the financial sphere. The following special methods of research were used: historical and economic analysis; statistical and economic analysis; abstract-logical analysis; graphic methods. Presentation of the main material (results of work). The article reveals the positive dynamics of the global green bond market development, and determines that this type of investment is an important segment for Ukraine, which is a member of the world institutions for sustainable development. The state of the regulatory framework in Ukraine, which regulates the circulation of green bonds, is considered. The concept of introduction and development of the green bond market in Ukraine is recommended. The field of application of results. The results of the study can be used in the national financial system. Conclusions according to the article. Analysis of the global market for green bonds has led to the conclusion that this financial segment is characterized by a progressive and positive development. Green bonds have created a new way of attracting investors to green assets, the advantage of which is that investors are involved in the issue of these financial instruments, which put environmental responsibility first. Creating a market for green bonds in Ukraine will allow us to accumulate and direct financial flows for the development and financing of domestic green projects.
2. Hritsyshyna M. (2019). Praktychnyi keis: investytsii u «zelenu» heneratsiiu ta «rozumni» merezhi Donetskoi oblasti [Practical Case: Investments in Green Generation and Smart Networks in Donetsk Region]. URL: http://razumkov.org.ua/uploads/article/2019_ZELEN_INVEST.pdf. [in Ukr.].
3. Frolov A. (2019). Formuvannia derzhavnoi polityky orhanizatsii ta rozvytku rynku «zelenykh» oblihatsii v Ukraini [Formation of state policy for organization and development of the green bond market in Ukraine]. URL: http://razumkov.org.ua/uploads/article/2019_ZELEN_INVEST.pdf. [in Ukr.].
4. Veklych O. (2019). «Zelenyi» bankinh: sutnist, mekhanizm ta instrumenty realizatsii [Green Banking: Essence, Mechanism and Implementation Tools]. URL: http://razumkov.org.ua/uploads/article/2019_ZELEN_INVEST.pdf. [in Ukr.].
5. Pidvysotskyi Yan. (2019). Novitni finansovi tekhnolohii mobilizatsii investytsii u «zeleni» proekty [Newest financial technologies for mobilizing investments in green projects]. URL: http://razumkov.org.ua/uploads/article/ 2019_ZELEN_INVEST.pdf. [in Ukr.].
6. Bezpalyi R. «Zeleni» oblihatsii yak instrument finansuvannia ekolohichnykh proektiv [Green bonds as a tool for financing environmental projects]. URL: https://ecodevelop.ua/zeleni-obligatsiyi-120918/. [in Ukr.].
7. Cheker Ya., Kulinich V. Ekolohichni investytsii: chy ziavliatsia v Ukraini «zeleni» oblihatsii [Green investments: Will green bonds appear in Ukraine]. URL: https://mind.ua/openmind/20202397-ekologichni-investiciyi-chi-z-yavlyatsya-v-ukrayini-zeleni-obligaciyi. [in Ukr.]
8. The Green Bond Principles & Climate Bonds Standard. URL: https://www.climatebonds.net/market/best-practice-guidelines. [in Eng.].
9. How green are green bonds? (2019). https://www.intheblack.com/articles/2019/09/01/how-green-are-green-bonds. [in Eng.].
10. 2019 Green Bond Market Summary URL: https://www.climatebonds.net/resources/reports/2019-green-bond-market-summary. [in Eng.].
11. Chasan E. (2019). Global Sustainable Investments Rise 34 Percent to $30.7 Trillion. URL: https://www.bloomberg.com/ news/articles/2019-04-01/global-sustainable-investments-rise-34-percent-to-30-7-trillion. [in Eng.].
12. Ofitsiinyi sait Minfin [Official website of the MinFin]. https://minfin.com.ua/ua/2019/06/07/38008397/. [in Ukr.].
13. Proekt Zakonu Pro vnesennia zmin do deiakykh zakonodavchykh aktiv Ukrainy shchodo sproshchennia zaluchennia investytsii ta zaprovadzhennia novykh finansovykh instrumentiv [Draft Law On Amendments to Some Legislative Acts of Ukraine on Simplification of Investment Attraction and Introduction of New Financial Instruments]. URL: http://w1.c1.rada.gov.ua/pls/zweb2/webproc4_1?pf3511=67117. [in Ukr.].
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.