Implementation of word-formative potential of the lexemes in social and economic activities
The subject of the research is word-formative and semantic processes in the vocabulary of socio-economic sector. The aim of the study. To analyze the socio-political vocabulary and to determine the word-formative and semantic potential of these linguistic items. Research methods. The material of the research is a body of lexical items, selected from the language of all-Ukrainian and regional mass media. The descriptive research method and observation method were used as main in this scientific research. At different stages of the research the method of functional analysis was used to determine the stylistic load of lexical items. The comparative analysis of individual lexical positions, which are in different styles of Ukrainian literary language, was done by using a comparative method. Results of work. The article analyzes the word-formative potential of socio-political vocabulary, it distinguishes derivative and non-derivative verbs and presents formations. Application of the results. The results of the research can be used in teaching activities in the course “Scientific and Technical Terminology”, “Business Ukrainian” and others. Conclusions. Ukrainian and foreign-language verbs of the socio-economic sector have formed a great word-formative potential in the internal verbal word-formation, above all, the prefixal and postfixal. Ukrainian verbs are combined with most of the prefixes of the Ukrainian language, foreign-languages verbs – primarily with genetically homogeneous word-formative formats and some Ukrainian ones, in particular.
2. Ibragimova, V. L. (1988). Semantika russkogo glagola : Leksika dvizheniya [Semantics of Russian Verb : Vocabulary of Movement]. Ucheb. Posobie, Bashkir. un-t im. 40-letiya Oktyabrya, Ufa. 77 s.
3. Vynnyk, V. O., Horobets, V. Y. and Karpova, V. L. (1983). Istoriia ukrainskoi movy. Leksyka i frazeolohiia [History of Ukrainian Language. Vocabulary and Phraseology]. Red. kol. : V. M. Rusanivskyi (vidp. red) ta in. Kyiv : Nauk. dumka, 743 s.
4. Muchnik, I. P. (1966). Razvitie sistemy dvuvidovykh glagolov v sovremennom russkom yazyke [System Development of Biaspectual Verbs in Modern Russian Language. Issues of Linguistics]. Voprosy yazykoznaniya, 1, 61–75.
5. Rusanivskyi, V. M. (1971). Struktura ukrainskoho diieslova [Structure of Ukrainian Verb]. Kyiv : Nauk. dumka, 315 s.
6. Solganik, G. Y. (1981). Leksika gazeti : Funktsion. Aspekt [Newspaper Vocabulary : Function. Aspect]. Ucheb. posobie dlya vuzov po spets. «Zhurnalistika». Moskva : Vyssh. shkola, 112 s.
7. Chuban, T. V. (1997). Osoblyvosti vydovoi spivvidnesenosti diiesliv u suchasnii ukrainskii movi [Features of Aspectual Correlation of Verbs in Modern Ukrainian Language] : avtoref. dys. na zdobuttia nauk. stupenia kand. filol. nauk : Kyiv, 24 s.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.