The adoption of the АСАА in the interests of Ukrainian producers and public safety
Relevance of the research topic. Identification of the features of negative influence on the further development of Ukrainian production of cable and wire products, namely, the growth of imports of low-quality products and saturation of the market with counterfeit products, which leads to a decrease in production volumes, a reduction in productioncapacities, and profit losses for most Ukrainian manufacturers. In addition, the inefficiency of technical regulation programs leads to threats the security of the society: the use of counterfeit products is one of the causes of fires, which leads to loss of life, as well as economic losses. All this strengthens the importance of creating an effective system of state control in the domestic market of cable and wire products. One of the most effective ways is to improve technical regulation is through adopting the Agreement on Conformity and Acceptance of Industrial Products (ACAA). Formulation of the problem. Dangerous threats associated with the rapid growth of imports of counterfeit products in an increasingly open and competitive economy require increased state control in the domestic market, to ensure compliance with product quality and safety standards. Creating favorable conditions for the adaptation of Ukrainian manufacturers to the introduction ofhigh quality standards in accordance with EU requirements will help bridge technological gaps and ensure security in the domestic market. Selection of unexplored parts of the general problem. Faced with the increasing impact of threatening challenges on the development of cable and wire products, the problem of substantiating the directions of improving state control over the quality and safety of industrial products in the domestic market and promoting the adaptation of Ukrainian manufacturers to standards remains insufficiently studied. Setting the task, the purpose of the study. The purpose of the paper is to develop tools aimed at accelerating the adaptation of Ukrainian manufacturers to new high standards of quality and safety of cable and wire products, namely the development of recommendations for improving market surveillance, compliance with horizontal (frame) and vertical (industry) legislation in industrial sectors (cable production -conductor products), which allows to accelerate the process of concluding an ACAA agreement and will provide favorable conditions for the development of Ukraine industry. Method or methodology for conducting research. The authors used the following special research methods: statistical comparisons, groupings, samples (to identify trends in the cable-conductor market); structural and functional analysis (to identify problems impeding the successful integration of Ukrainian producers into the world trading space), expert assessments. The recommendations on directions and instruments of industrial policy are developed using the generalization of domestic and international experience according to new challenges of industrial development of Ukraine. The field of application of results. The results of this study can be applied to industrial policy-making for effective industrial stimulus measures of Ukrainian industry. Conclusions. It has been proved that in order to create favorable conditions for satisfying the needs of the domestic market for cable products and ensuring public safety, the implementation of such measures is paramount: the development of rules for the safe functioning of energy non-industrial products; the introduction of reliable control in the electrical market using the appropriate registers of manufacturers, suppliers and sellers of dangerous checkpoints and the improvement of the technical regulation system, including the introduction of a reliable control system and measures to prevent the entry of poor-quality cable and wire products across the Ukrainian border.
2. Association Agreement between the European Union and its Member States, of the one part, and Ukraine, of the other part. (2014). URL: European Commission:http://trade.ec.europa.eu/doclib/docs/2016/november/
tradoc_155103.pdf [in Ukr.].
3. Ukrainskyj naukovo-doslidnyj instytut cyvilnogo zahystu (2019). Analitychna dovidka pro pozhezhi ta i'h naslidky v Ukraini za 10 misjaciv 2019 roku. URL: https://undicz.dsns.gov.ua/files/%D0%A1%D1%82%D0%B0%D1%82% D0%B8%D1%81%D1%82%D0%B8%D0%BA%D0%B0/2019/Analitychna%20dovidka%20pro%20pojeji_10.2019.pdf [in Ukr.].
4. Gosudarstvennij komytet po standartyzacyy Respublyky Belarus (2020). Reestr zapretov na produkcyju, sertyfykatov y deklaracyj EAES (TS), ne dejstvujushhyh v Respublyke Belarus. URL: https://gosstandart.gov.by/ [in Rus.].
5. Pro zatverdzhennja Tehnіchnogo reglamentu z elektromagnіtnoї sumіsnostі obladnannja (2015). Postanova Kabіnetu mіnіstrіv Ukraiini. URL: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/1077-2015-%D0%BF. [in Ukr.].
6. Lucenko, D (2019). Ugoda ASAA: іntegracіja Ukraіni do rinku promislovih tovarіv ЄS. URL: https://www.civic-synergy.org.ua/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/Ugoda-ACCA_integratsia-Ukrainy-do-rynku-promyslovykh-tovariv-EU_ua_2019.pdf [in Ukr.].
7. Rinkovij nagljad (2019). Asocіacіja «Ukrelektrokabel'«. URL: http://ukrelektrokabel.info/rinkoviy-naglyad/ [in Ukr.].
8. Derzhavna sluzhba statystykyUkrainy (2019). URL: http://www.ukrstat.gov.ua/ [in Ukr.].
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.