Social security of Ukraine: summary, problems and ways of ensuring
The essence and content of social security are revealed, the systematic problems and ways of providing social security of Ukraine in the conditions of globalization and European integration are investigated, the analysis of the generalities of factors of social security of Ukraine at the current stage of state development is made. It is substantiated that the social security of the state, in the narrow sense, is the degree (level) of protection of national interests of the population in the social sphere from internal and external threats, and social security of the state, in the broad sense, is a state of development of the state for which the state is able to protect from internal and external threats and to ensure a decent and quality social standard of living of the population, regardless of age, gender, income level, to promote the full development of human capital. It is determined that the social challenges of Ukraine's security have intensified, especially in the areas of population reproduction and labor potential, functioning of the social sphere and labor market, income and employment of the population. It is substantiated that these challenges lead to deterioration of working conditions and decrease of material well-being, depopulation and aging of the nation, spread of poverty and disintegration of financial position of citizens, decrease of social protection of the population, increase of dissatisfaction with the life and social policy of the authorities.It is proved that the state policy in the field of convergence of the social security system of Ukraine and the EU, in particular with regard to regulation of migration processes, should be aimed at achieving the goal of systematic development of human capital and implemented in the following areas: ensuring demographic security, modernization of the health care system, restoration of the quality system education, preservation of cultural values, becoming a competitive labor market, improving housing affordability, building social infrastructure, systemic social insurance population.
2. Varnalii, Z. S. (2020). Ekonomichna ta finansova bezpeka Ukrayiny v umovakh hlobalizatsiyi [Economic and financial security of Ukraine in the conditions of globalization]. Kyiv : Znannya Ukrainy [in Ukr.].
3. Varnalii, Z. S., & Galushka, Z. I. (2010). Sotsialʹna bezpeka yak systema [Social Security as a System]. Ekonomika i upravlinnya: Naukovyy zhurnal – Economics and Management: Scientific Journal, 3 (47) [in Ukr.].
4. Hoshovskaya, V. A. (2003). Sotsialʹna dominanta natsionalʹnoyi bezpeky [The Social Dominant of National Security]. Stratehichna panorama – Strategic panorama, 2 [in Ukr.].
5. Varnalii, Z. S. (Ed.). (2008). Ekonomichna bezpeka [Economic Security]. Kyiv. [in Ukr.].
6. Ilyash, O. I. (2010). Naukovi peredumovy identyfikatsiyi katehoriyi «sotsialʹna bezpeka rehionu» [Scientific prerequisites for identification of the category "social security of the region"]. Zbirnyk naukovykh pratsʹ Lutsʹkoho natsionalʹnoho tekhnichnoho universytetu – Collection of scientific papers of Lutsk National Technical University, 7, Part 3 [in Ukr.].
7. Kutsenko, V. I. & Udovychenko, V. P. (2011). Sotsialʹna bezpeka v konteksti staloho rozvytku [Social security in the context of sustainable development]. Chernihiv: Publisher Lozovy V. M. [in Ukr.].
8. Lyashenko, O. M. (2007). Sotsialʹno-ekonomichna bezpeka subʺyektiv hospodaryuvannya za umov hlobalizatsiyi [Socio-economic security of economic entities in the conditions of globalization]. Visnyk TNEU – TNEU Bulletin, 5 [in Ukr.].
9. Novikova, O. F. (1997). Sotsialʹna bezpeka: orhanizatsiyno-ekonomichni problemy i shlyakhy yikh vyrishennya [Social security: organizational and economic problems and ways to solve them]. Donetsk: IEP NAS of Ukraine [in Ukr.].
10. Onyshchenko, V. O., Zavora, T. M. & Chepurnyi, O. V. (2015). Sotsialʹna bezpeka rehionu: teoretychni ta prykladni aspekty [Social security of the region: theoretical and applied aspects]. Poltava: PoltNTU [in Ukr.].
11. Pyrozhkov, S. I. Kontseptualʹni pidkhody do formuvannya systemy natsionalʹnoyi bezpeky Ukrayiny [Conceptual approaches to the formation of the national security system of Ukraine]. URL: www.niisp.gov.ua [in Ukr.].
12. Analytical report to the Annual Message of the President of Ukraine to the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine On the Internal and External Situation of Ukraine in 2018”. Kyiv: National Institute for Strategic Studies [in Ukr.].
13. Eurostat (2018). Population change – Demographic balance and crude rates at national level. URL: http://appsso.eurostat.ec.europa.eu/nui/show.do?dataset=demo_gind
14. Public Union “Economic Discussion Club” (2019). Analytics. URL: http://edclub.com.ua/analityka [in Ukr.].
15. State Statistics Service of Ukraine (2019). Offial web-site. URL: http://www.ukrstat.gov.ua [in Ukr.].
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.