The impact of monetary policy on budgetary balance
Relevance of the research topic. In the context of financial globalization, it is important to determine the impact of monetary policy on budgetary balance, ensure sustainable economic development, and support macroeconomic equilibrium in the country. The study of the impact of monetary policy on a balanced budget is very relevant. Formulation of the problem. Under the conditions of transformational changes, the exchange rate and the peculiarities of its formation are an integral part of ensuring the development of the country's financial system. Of particular importance is the issue of ensuring the effective interaction of monetary and budgetary policies as one of the most important factors in the development of the economy through reindustrialization and modernization. Analysis of recent research and publications. The problem of the state’s monetary policy is today quite relevant for most countries of the world and widespread in the scientific works of famous foreign and domestic scientists: T. Bogolib, V. Heyets, I. Zapatrina, J. M. Keynes, N. Kornienko, A. Laffer, I. Lyutyi, A. Mazaraki, R. Masgrayev, V. Makogon, V. Oparin, M. Pasichnyi, A. Smith, J. Stiglitz, V. Fedosov, I. Chugunov, S. Yurii and others. Selection of unexplored parts of the general problem. However, there are a number of insufficiently disclosed issues regarding the impact of exchange rate fluctuations on significant macroeconomic indicators in the context of economic transformation. Setting the task, the purpose of the study. The objective of the study is to analyze the impact of the exchange rate on budgetary balance. The aim of the study is to determine the main objectives of the monetary policy of Ukraine. Method or methodology for conducting research. The article uses a set of scientific methods: the system approach, statistical analysis, structuring, analysis and synthesis. Presentation of the main material (results of work). The article analyzes the exchange rate and determines its effect on the formation of the budget deficit and public debt. The task of modern monetary and foreign exchange policy is delivered, directions of ensuring effective interaction of monetary and budget policies are considered. The field of application of results. The results of this study can be applied in the process of formation and implementation of the monetary policy of Ukraine. Conclusions according to the article. Maintaining balance and stability of budgets of various levels is a strategic objective of budget policy, especially in the context of transformational changes. Budget balance is characterized by the ratio of budget expenditures and revenues, their proportional change in economic uncertainty. It is important to ensure the effective interaction of monetary and budgetary policies as one of the most important factors in the development of the economy through reindustrialization and modernization. The solution of these issues involves an objective assessment of the situation in the domestic and world economies, taking into account the country's real capabilities in achieving the main strategic goals and ensuring economic development.
2. Bereslavska, O. (2009). Chynnyky kursovoyi nestabilʹnosti v Ukrayini [Factors of exchange rate instability in Ukraine]. Visnyk NBU - Bulletin of the National Bank of Ukraine, 2, 8–14 [In Ukr.].
3. Shpeniuk, A. E. (2011). Nestabilʹnistʹ valyutnykh kursiv v umovakh hlobalizatsiyi [Instability of exchange rates in the conditions of globalization]. In-t ekon. ta prohnozuv. NAN Ukrayiny - Institute of Economics and Forecasting of NAS of Ukraine, 41, 64–75 [In Ukr.].
4. Pasichnyk, Y. V. (2015). Stratehiya borhovoyi polityky derzhavy: suchasni tendentsiyi ta perspektyvy [Debt Policy Strategy of the State: Current Trends and Prospects]. Naukovyy visnyk Uzhhorodsʹkoho natsionalʹnoho universytetu - Scientific Bulletin of Uzhgorod National University, 4, 96-99 [In Ukr.].
5. Husarevych, N. V. (2019). Borhova polityka v umovakh transformatsiyi ekonomiky [Debt policy in the conditions of economic transformation] Ekonomichnyy visnyk universytetu - Economic Herald of the University, 43, 145–151 [In Ukr.].
6. Skoropad, I. S. & Garasymchuk, O. V. (2011). Fiskalʹna polityka yak sposib napovnennya derzhavnoho byudzhetu. [Fiscal policy as a way of filling the state budget]. Visnyk Natsionalʹnoho universytetu «Lʹvivsʹka politekhnika» - Bulletin of Lviv Polytechnic National University, 714, 529–533 [In Ukr.].
7. Official web-site of the National Bank of Ukraine. URL: https://bank.gov.ua/
8. Igor Chugunov, Valentyna Makohon and Yuliya Markuts (2019). Budgetary policy of the emerging countries in conditions of institutional transformations. Problems and Perspectives in Management, 17(4), 252-261 [in Eng.].
9. Official web-site of the State Treasury of Ukraine. URL: www.treasury.gov.ua/
10. Official web-site of the Ministry of Finance of Ukraine. URL: https://www.minfin.gov.ua/
11. The Budget Code of Ukraine dated 08.07.2010 № 2456-VI. URL: http://zakon0.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/2456-17
12. Markuts, Y. I., Adamenko, I. P. & Husarevych, N. V. (2018). Consolidated budget as a tool for social development. Financial and credit activity: problems of theory and practice, V. 3. No. 26, 493-500 [in Eng.].
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.