Financial support of state social guarantees in Ukraine
Relevance of the research topic. The development and improvement of the financial system of Ukraine is hindered by the low social responsibility of the state, society, and business. The modern transformation of principles and approaches to the determination of socially important social standards and the sources of their financing requires a deep theoretical understanding of the problems of social security of the population, therefore, the study of the issue of financing social guarantees by the state is timely and relevant. Formulation of the problem. Social guarantees are those essential elements in the functioning of the state, determine the stability of society and its security, and affect the implementation of the social and economic policies of the government. It is this element that should ensure the guarantee of a decent standard and quality of life for every citizen, and, consequently, a high level of well-being of the population as a whole. Analysis of recent research and publications. The role and essence of social guarantees in the fulfillment of the social function of the state has been thoroughly investigated in many scientific works of modern economists. A separate issue of financial support of social guarantees is the work of О. D. Vasilik,S. H. Batazhok, V. M. Grineva, V. P. Gorina, D. I. Sukhovиy, N. D. Hlazko, L. V. Lysyak, V. M. Oparin, V. B. Tropinа, V. M. Fedosov and others. Highlighting unexplored parts of a common problem. The question of ways to overcome the contradiction between the real needs of citizens receiving social support of the state and those financial opportunities (resources) of the state with which it can provide these needs of the population remains insufficiently studied. Setting goals, research objectives. The purpose of the article is to identify contemporary problems of financing state social guarantees in Ukraine. The goal determines the need to solve the following tasks: to analyze the nature, types of social guarantees, evaluate budget indicators of social security of citizens, identify obstacles and necessary steps towards the implementation of a full-fledged mechanism of financial guarantees of social protection of the population. Method or methodology of the study. When writing the article, a set of scientific research methods was used: general scientific and special methods, in particular, system-structural analysis and synthesis, the method of statistical analysis, comparison, generalization, as well as graphical and tabular methods to clearly illustrate the phenomena studied and the like. Statement of the main material (results of work). The article reveals the essence of state social guarantees as a system of financial support of an adequate standard of living of an individual. Priority tasks for ensuring the functioning in Ukraine of an effective financial mechanism for providing social guarantees to the population are highlighted. The article states that most of the financing of social guarantees is based on the expenses of the state budget and local budgets. The basic standard on the basis of which the calculation of the volume of social guarantees and benefits aimed at social protection and social security is carried out is the cost of living. An important source of financial support for social guarantees are social non-budget funds, which include the Pension Fund of Ukraine, the Social Insurance Fund and the Compulsory State Social Insurance Fund for Unemployment. The financial resources accumulated in them are directed to the material support of a significant part of the citizens of the state who are participants in the system of national pension and social insurance and are designed to overcome the consequences of social insurance events. Scope of the results. The theoretical provisions, conclusions and suggestions presented in the article, developed on the basis of the analysis of indicators of state financial support of social guarantees, develop the theory and practice of the policy of financing social guarantees in the country, allow us to identify ways and directions for improving it to achieve social protection and increase the welfare of the population. Conclusions and results can be used in planning social expenditures of the government, in socio-economic research of scientific analytical centers, in the educational process of economic faculties of higher educational institutions. Conclusions are consistent with the article. State social guarantees play an important role in the functioning of the state, because through the system of social guarantees the state affects the redistribution of GDP, under their influence indicators of financing various social programs are formed, which determines the directions and priorities of state policy. Based on the results of the study, it was concluded that it is necessary to draw up and publish a “social” budget - a product of public dialogue between state and non-state financial institutions, employers, independent authoritative economists, and public organizations, which will contribute to the development of civil society in a socially oriented country.
2. Batazhok, S. H. (2005). Sotsialno-ekonomichni harantii v umovakh tranzytyvnoi ekonomiky Ukrainy: Monohraph [Socio-economic guarantees in the conditions of the transitive economy of Ukraine]. Bila Tserkva, 108 p.
3. Holovnia, M. O. (2009). Sotsialni harantii yak dzherelo pidtrymky ekonomichnoi bezpeky Ukrainy [Social guarantees as a source of support for Ukraine's economic security]. Zahalni pytannia ekonomiky. Investytsii: praktyka ta dosvid - General issues of the economy. Investment: practice and experience, 23. 41-45.
4. Hrynova, V. M. & Novykova, M. M. (2004). Derzhavne rehuliuvannia ekonomiky [State regulation of economy]: a textbook. Kh. : INZhEL», 756 p.
5. Horyn, V. P. (2010). Derzhavne finansove zabezpechennia sotsialnykh harantii [State financial support for social guarantees]: the dissertation of the candidate of sciences. 08.00.08; Ternopil National Economic University. Ternopil, 283 p.
6. Sukhovyi, D. I. (2011). Osnovni etapy stanovlennia ta rozvytku derzhavnykh sotsialnykh harantii v Ukraini [The main stages of formation and development of state social guarantees in Ukraine]. Ekonomika ta derzhava - Economy and the state, 7. 49–51.
7. Sukhovyi, D. I. (2010). Rol Derzhavnoho Biudzhetu Ukrainy u finansuvanni sotsialnykh harantii [The role of the State Budget of Ukraine in financing social guarantees.]. Visnyk Kyivskoho natsionalnoho universytetu imeni Tarasa Shevchenka. Ekonomika - Bulletin of Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv. Economy, 120. 56–59.
8. Hlazko, N. D. (2014). Zarubizhnyi dosvid zabezpechennia sotsialnoi sfery [Foreign experience in providing social services]. Efektyvna ekonomika - An efficient economy, 5.
9. Lysiak, L. V. (2017). Finansove zabezpechennia sotsialnoho zakhystu naselennia v Ukraini: problemy ta perspektyvy [Financial support for social protection of the population in Ukraine: problems and prospects]. Visnyk Dnipropetrovskoho universytetu. Seriia : Ekonomika - Bulletin of Dnipropetrovsk University. Series: Economics]. T. 25. output 11(1). 23–30.
10. Tropinа, V. (2013). Rol sotsialnoho strakhuvannia u finansuvanni derzhavnykh sotsialnykh harantii [The role of social insurance in the financing of state social guarantees]. Visnyk Kyivskoho natsionalnoho universytetu imeni Tarasa Shevchenka. Ekonomika - Bulletin of Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv. Economy, 8(149). 22–25.
11. Zakon Ukrainy «Pro derzhavni sotsialni standarty ta derzhavni sotsialni harantii» [The Law of Ukraine «On State Social Standards and State Social Guarantees»]. URL: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/2017-14
12. Statystychnyi zbirnyk Derzhavnoi sluzhby Ukrainy «Sotsialnyi zakhyst naselennia Ukrainy» [Statistical collection of the Civil Service of Ukraine «Social protection of the population of Ukraine»], Kyiv. 2019. URL: https://ukrstat.org/uk/druk/publicat/kat_u/2019/zb/07/zb_szn_2018.pdf
13. Khemii, A. S. (2019). Reformuvannia systemy pensiinoho strakhuvannia v Ukraini [Reforming the pension insurance system in Ukraine]: abstract of dissertation of the candidate of economic sciences: 08.00.08; Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv, Kyiv, 23 p.
14. Liutyi, I. O., Borynets, S. Ya., Varnalii, Z. S. ta in. (2017). Finansy [Finance]: a textbook ; red. I.O. Liutoho. Kyiv : Lira-K, 728 p.
15. Statystychnyi zbirnyk: «Biudzhet Ukrainy 2018» [Statistical Collection: «Budget of Ukraine 2018»], Ministry of Finance of Ukraine. Kyiv, 2019.
16. Shostak, L. V. (2018). Sotsialni harantii yak finansovyi chynnyk zabezpechennia rivnia zhyttia naselennia [Social guarantees as a financial factor for ensuring the standard of living of the population]. Hroshi, finansy i kredyt - Money, finance and credit, 17. 375-381.
17. Doluda, L., Nazaruk, V. & Kirsanova, Yu. (2017). Sotsialne pidpryiemnytstvo. Biznes-model. Reiestratsiia. Opodatkuvannia. [Social entrepreneurship. Business model. Registration. Taxation.]. Kyiv, TOV «Ahenstvo «Ukraina», 92 p.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.