Priorities of Ukraine’s financial policy in the context of sustainable development goals and targets
The adoption of the new Agenda for Sustainable Development and its implementation, as well as the crisis state of almost all spheres of public life in Ukraine require deepening scientific research on issues related to the formation and effective implementation of financial policies aimed at creating favorable conditions for the sustainable development of the country. Given the large number and scale of the goals and objectives of sustainable development, the solution of which requires enormous amounts of financial resources, it is important to identify priority areas of the financial policy of sustainable development of the country as key tasks to achieve of the sustainable development goals (SDGs). The problems of the financial policy of sustainable development are at the center of research by leading scientists from both foreign and domestic scientific schools. But the novelty of the problems associated with the practical implementation of the concept of sustainable development requires further research in order to justify the theoretical foundations of the formation and determination of the directions for the effective implementation of the financial policy of the transition to the principles of sustainable development. The objective of the study is to disclose the nature and specifics of the financial policy of sustainable development. The aim of the work is to substantiate the priority areas of financial policy of Ukraine in the context of the goals and objectives of the 2030 Agenda. In the research process, general scientific and special methods were used: analysis and synthesis, the method of comparison, generalization, statistical, etc. The article identifies priority areas of financial policy of Ukraine in the context of goals and objectives defined by the Agenda for Sustainable Development for the period up to 2030. The specific features of the financial policy of sustainable development, the features of its development and implementation are investigated. Attention is focused on the problem of socio-economic inequality in the country and directions for overcoming it are proposed, which is one of the necessary conditions for the development of Ukraine on the principles of sustainable development. The results of this study can be applied in the process of formation and implementation of the financial policy of sustainable development of the country. The concept of sustainable development necessitates the coordination of the strategic goals of the financial development of the national socio-economic system. It is important to identify the features and factors that influence the formation and implementation of financial policies in the context of the goals and objectives of sustainable development and determine its priority areas.
2. Addis Ababa Action Agenda of the Third International Conference on Financing for Development. URL: http://www.un.org/ga/search/view_doc.asp? symbol=A/RES/69/313
3. Kozhukhova, T. V. (2017). Formuvannia ta transformatsiia hlobalnoi systemy finansuvannia staloho rozvytku : monohrafiia [Formation and transformation of the global sustainable development financing system]. Kryvyi Rih : Cherniavskyi D. O., 336 s.
4. Korenovskyi, O. V. (2011). Kontseptsiia staloho rozvytku i finansova polityka [Sustainable development concept and financial policy]. Naukovyi visnyk NLTU Ukrainy. Vyp. 21.1, 225-228.
5. Romanchukevych, V. V. (2019). Rol derzhavnoi finansovoi polityky staloho rozvytku v umovakh hlobalizatsii [The role of public financial policy of sustainable development in the conditions of globalization]. Visnyk ONU imeni I. I. Mechnykova. T.24. Vyp. 4(77), 150-156.
6. Tolub’iak, V. S. (2018). Rol finansovoho potentsialu u zabezpechenni staloho rozvytku krainy [The role of financial capacity in ensuring the country's sustainable development]. Derzhavne upravlinnia: udoskonalennia ta rozvytok, № 5. 1-7.
7. Schmidt-Traub, Guido, Sachs, Jeffrey D. (2015). Financing Sustainable Development: Implementing the SDGs through. Effective Investment Strategies and Partnerships. URL: http://unsdsn.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/150408-SDSN-Financing-Sustainable-Development-Paper.pdf
8. Pro Tsili staloho rozvytku Ukrainy na period do 2030 roku [Sustainable Development Goals of Ukraine until 2030]: Ukaz Prezydenta Ukrainy № 722/2019 vid 30.09.2019. URL: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/722/2019
9. Tsili Staloho Rozvytku: Ukraina. Natsionalna dopovid 2017 [Sustainable Development Goals: Ukraine. National Report 2017]. URL: http://www.un.org.ua/images/SDGs_NationalReportUA_Web_1.pdf
10. Ortiz I., Cummins M. (2011). Global Inequality: Beyond the Bottom Billion – A Rapid Review of Income Distribution in 141 Countries. URL: https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=1805046
11. An economy for the 99%. (2017). URL: https://www.oxfam.org/sites/www.oxfam.org/files/file_attachments/ bp-economy-for-99-percent-160117-en.pdf
12. Chupryna, O. O. (2012). Sotsialna nerivnist yak dzherelo zahroz bezpetsi liudskoho rozvytku v Ukraini [Social inequality as a source of threats to human development in Ukraine]. URL: http:// dspace. nlu. edu.-ua/ bitstream/ 123456789/ 1907/1/ CHuprina_CHuprin_282. pdf
13. Krueger, D., Kurt Mitman K., Perri F. (2016). Macroeconomics and household heterogeneity. URL: https://www.minneapolisfed.org/research/sr/sr529.pdf
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.