Directions of budgetary policy adaptation to socio-economic processes under the transformation conditions
Relevance of the research topic. In the conditions of transformations, the budget policy is the most crucial government economic lever of influence on social and economic processes. The main reasons that hinder the effective implementation of fiscal policy are the political risks associated with finding ways to optimize it. Accordingly, risk assessment is a necessary condition for timely decision-making and ensuring macroeconomic stability, long-term balance, and stability of the budget system. Formulation of the problem. Based on the peculiarities of socio-economic development, important tasks in the conditions of transformations are substantiation of directions of budget policy, optimization of budget revenues and expenditures architecture. At the same time, the choice of budget tools should be made, taking into account the level of economic growth of the country. Analysis of recent research and publications. Problems of formation and implementation of budget policy, its adaptation to socio-economic processes are quite common in research. These are the works of well-known domestic and foreign scientists: J. Keynes, P. Samuelson, J. Stiglitz, V. Tanzi, O. Vasilika, I. Zapatrina, S. Kucherenko, L. Lysyak, L. Levaieva, І. Luk’yanenko, M. Pasichnyi, A. Sokolovsko, I. Chugunov, and others. Highlighting unexplored parts of a common problem. The above issues are relevant in connection with the deepening of transformation processes, the adverse impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on the budget balance, which requires several specific tasks related to the formation and implementation of fiscal policy. Goal setting, research goals. The objectives of the study are: to reveal the essence and relationship of budget policy with socio-economic processes. Also, to justify the peculiarities of the budget revenues and expenditures formation at the current stage of the budget system development. The purpose of the study is to reveal the directions of adaptation of budget policy to socio-economic processes in the conditions of transformational transformations. Research method or methodology. The set of methods of scientific research is applied in the article: a systematic approach, statistical analysis, structuring, analysis, synthesis, etc. Basic material presentation (results of work). The essence and interrelation of budget policy with socio-economic processes are revealed, the peculiarities of budget revenues and expenditures formation are substantiated. The directions of adaptation of budgetary policy to social and economic processes in the conditions of transformational transformations are substantiated. Area of application of results. The results of the study can be used in the process of forming and implementing the budgetary policy of Ukraine, reforming the public finance system. Conclusions according to article. The qualitative level of formation and implementation of budget policy is determined by the system of financial institutions, the state of their development in a particular country aimed at ensuring economic growth and welfare of citizens. An essential condition for the dynamic growth of the domestic economy is a comprehensive solution to social and economic problems by ensuring the balanced development of the economy and the social sphere, strengthening decentralization processes.
2. Zakon Ukrainy «Pro vnesennia zmin do Zakonu Ukrainy «Pro Derzhavnyi biudzhet Ukrainy na 2020 rik» vid 13.04.2020 № 553-IX [Law of Ukraine "On Amendments to the Law of Ukraine" On the State Budget of Ukraine for 2020 "of 13.04.2020 № 553-IX]. URL: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/553-20/ed20200413#Text [in Ukr.]
3. Kejns, Dzh. M. (2017). Obshhaya teory’ya zanyatosty’, procenta y’ deneg [The general theory of employment, interest and money]. (Trans.). Moscow: Ly’brokom. 352 р. [in Rus.].
4. Kucherenko, S. Yu. & Levaieva, L. Yu. (2016). Analiz dokhodiv ta vydatkiv derzhavnoho biudzhetu Ukrainy [Analysis of receipts and expenditures of the state budget of Ukraine]. Ekonomichnyi visnyk universytetu – University Economic Bulletin, 31/1. 252-262. [in Ukr.].
5. Lysyak, L. V. (2018). Biudzhetna polityka yak instrument zabezpechennia finansovoi bezpeky Ukrainy [Budget policy as a tool to ensure financial security of Ukraine]. Modern Economics, 1. 294–299. [in Ukr.].
6. Lukianenko, I. H. (2012). Modeliuvannia vplyvu zmin fiskalnoi polityky na ekonomiku Ukrainy [Modeling the impact of changes in fiscal policy on the economy of Ukraine]. Bizness Inform – Business Inform, 4. 201–204. [in Ukr.].
7. Pasichnyi, M. (2020). Biudzhetna polityka ta ekonomichnyi rozvytok [Fiscal policy and economic development]. Ekonomichnyi visnyk universytetu – University Economic Bulletin, 44. 153-164. [in Ukr.].
8. Samuel'son, P. E. & Nordkhaus, V. D. (2015). Ekonomyka [Economics]. 19nd ed. (Trans.). Moscow: Vyl’yams [in Rus.].
9. Sty’gly’cz, Dzh. (2016). Cena neravenstva. Chem rassloeny’e obshhestva grozy’t nashemu budushhemu [The price of inequality. How does the stratification of society threaten our future]. (Trans.). Moscow: Éksmo. 512 р [in Rus.].
10. Tancy,’ Vy’to. (2018). Pravy’tel’stvo y’ rynky’: menyayushhayasya ekonomy’cheskaya rol’ gosudarstva [Government and markets: the changing economic role of the state]. (Trans.). Moscow: Y’zd-vo Y’nsty’tuta Gajdara. 584 р. [in Rus.].
11. Chugunov, I. Ya. & Makohon, V. D. (2016). Biudzhetna polityka v umovakh ekonomichnykh peretvoren [Budget policy in the context of economic transformation], Ekonomichnyj chasopys-XXI – Economic Annals-XXI, 3-4(2). 66–69. [in Eng.]
12. Chugunov, I. & Koroviy, V. (2020). Fiscal policy in the system of society development. Theoretical and scientific approaches to the problems of modern economy: мonograph. Primedia eLaunch. Boston, USA. 2020. pp.139-160. [in Eng.]
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.