Features of the newest forest resources governance models
Relevance of research topic. The need to improve the governance system of forest resources and forest use in accordance with the governance model chosen by the regulator is permanent, which leads to the development of appropriate scientific principles to support governance decisions on the choice of such a model in the newest economic conditions. Formulation of the problem. Substantiation and choice by the regulator of the forest resources governance models require identification of features peculiar to the newest governance models for realization of balance of nature use for the purposes of sustainable development. Analysis of recent research and publications. The results of in-depth research of traditional forest resources governance models in the post-Soviet countries are widely known, there are a large number of publications covering some problematic aspects of governance in modern domestic forestry. Selection of unexplored parts of the general problem. A systematic approach to the study of theoretical and methodological principles of forestry economics for governance has not been formed. Setting the task, the purpose of the study. The purpose of the study is to characterize the features of the forest resources governance models of the newest type - progressive and innovative. Objectives of the study: based on the analysis of the nature use governance model to determine the content of forest resources governance models of the newest type; to analyze the features of progressive and innovative forest resources governance models; identify the potential application of regulatory instruments within each model. Research methodology. The theoretical and methodological basis of scientific research are the fundamental provisions of modern economic theory, economics of natural resources uses, institutional economics, welfare theories, as well as governance and management, the concept of sustainable development. A set of general scientific and special research methods is used, in particular, a systematic approach, a dialectical method of cognition, abstraction, analysis and synthesis, comparison. Presentation of the main material (results of work). Differences in the newest forest resources governance models on the basis of the analysis of separate components of model of balanced nature use are considered. The features of progressive and innovative forest resources governance models are determined and analyzed. The content of the categories of forests and wood resources as assets in the System of Environmental-Economic Accounting, the completeness of their consideration in governance decisions on forests and forest resources is considered as the main factor in differentiating the studied forest resources governance models. The field of application of results. The results of the study can be implemented in the field of forestry economics and public administration for the use, reproduction and protection of forest resources. Conclusions according to the article. Differences in the studied forest resources governance models based on the analysis of individual components-subsystems in the structure of the model of balanced nature use are due to the hierarchy and evolution of socio-economic system, innovative model is considered a higher order model compared to progressive.
2. Golubetckaia, N. P. (2001). Sbalansirovannoe prirodopolzovanie v usloviiakh perekhodnoi ekonomiki [Balanced use of natural resources in transition economy] : dis. ... dr. econ. science : 08.00.05. Sankt-Peterburg. 218 p. (In Rus.).
3. Sakal, O. & Tretiak, N. (2019). Platforma systemnykh vzaiemodii lisoresursnoho ta rynkovoho tsykliv rozvytku: struktura i funktsii [A platform approach to the identification the cycles of interaction in the forest sector's poly-subjective environment]. Ekonomika pryrodokorystuvannia i stalyi rozvytok - Environmental Economics and Sustainable Development, 6 (25). 43–48. DOI: https://doi.org/10.37100/2616-7689/2019/6(25)/7 (In Ukr.).
4. Nort, D. (2000). Instytutsii, instytutsiina zmina ta funktsionuvannia ekonomiky [Institutions, institutional change and the functioning of the economy]. K. : Osnovy. 198 p. (In Ukr.).
5. Verkhovna Rada Ukrainy (2006). Lisovyi kodeks Ukrainy. URL: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/3852-12#top (In Ukr.).
6. United Nations Statistics Division (2017). Tcentralnaia osnova Sistemy prirodno-ekonomicheskogo ucheta 2012 [iv System of Environmental-Economic Accounting 2012—Central Framework]. New York, 2017. URL: https://unstats.un.org/unsd/envaccounting/seeaRev/CF_trans/SEEA_CF_Final_ru.pdf (In Rus.).
7. Ptichnikov, A. V. & Romaniuk, B. D. (2003). Opyt pskovskogo modelnogo lesa WWF [Experience of the Pskov model forest WWF]. Ustoichivoe lesopolzovanie [Sustainable forest use], 1. 28–32 (In Rus.).
8. Khvesyk, M. A. & Sakal, O. V. (2019). Instrumenty finansovo-ekonomichnoho rehuliuvannia lisokorystuvannia na zasadakh staloho rozvytku [Financial and economic management tools for sustainable forest management]. Ekonomika. Upravlinnia. Innovatsii. Seriia : Ekonomichni nauky - Economics. Management. Innovations, 2 (25). URL: http://nbuv.gov.ua/UJRN/eui_2019_2_11. DOI 10.35433/ISSN2410-3748-2019-2(25)-9 (In Ukr.).
9. Paton, B. Ye. (Ed.) (2012). Natsionalna paradyhma staloho rozvytku Ukrainy [National paradigm of sustainable development of Ukraine]. K. : PI IEESD NAS of Ukraine. 72 p. (In Ukr.).
10. UN (2015). Preobrazovanie nashego mira: Povestka dnia v oblasti ustoichivogo razvitiia na period do 2030 goda [Transforming our world: the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development]. URL: https://www.un.org/ga/search/view_doc.asp?symbol=A/RES/70/1&Lang=R (In Rus.).
11. Stratehiia rozvytku finansovoho sektoru Ukrainy do 2025 roku [Strategy for the development of the financial sector of Ukraine until 2025] (2020). URL: https://bank.gov.ua/admin_uploads/article/Strategy_FS_2025.pdf (In Ukr.).
12. Zhidkova, E. V., Voronkov, P. T. & Koriakin, V. A. (2020). Gosudarstvennoe upravlenie lesami Polshi [State forest management in Poland]. Lesokhoziaistvennaia informatciia : elektronnyi setevoi zhurnal - Forestry information, 4. 115–131. URL: http://lhi.vniilm.ru//. DOI 10.24419/LHI.2304-3083.2020.4.12 (In Rus.).
13. Setzer, F. (2018). Bazovyi zvit z lisovoho hospodarstva v Nimechchyni z rekomendatsiiamy dlia Ukrainy APD/FPR/01/2018 [Basic report on forestry in Germany with recommendations for Ukraine APD/FPR/01/2018]. URL: https://apd-ukraine.de/images/2018/FPR/APD_FPR_Setzer_ukr.pdf (In Ukr.).
14. FAO (2020). Global Forest Resources Assessment 2020. Rome. URL: http://www.fao.org/3/ca9825en/CA9825EN.pdf. https://doi.org/10.4060/ca9825en.
15. FAO (2020). Adaptatciia biznes-modelei dlia podderzhki agroprodovolstvennykh predpriiatii vo vremia pandemii COVID-19 [Adjusting business models to sustain agri-food enterprises during COVID-19]. URL: http://www.fao.org/3/ca8996ru/CA8996RU.pdf. https://doi.org/10.4060/ca8996ru.
16. Daly, H. E. (1993). Steady-State Economics: A New Paradigm. New Literary History, Vol. 24, No. 4. 811–816. URL: https://www.jstor.org/stable/469394?seq=1. https://doi.org/10.2307/469394.
17. Czech, B. & Daly, H. E. (2004). In my opinion: The steady state economy – what it is, entails, and connotes. Wildlife Society Bulletin, Vol. 32 (2). 598–605. URL: https://base.socioeco.org/docs/czech_daly_sse.pdf.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.