Digitalization of the world service market: specifics and consequences
Relevance of the research topic. The article is devoted to the analysis of the specifics of the development of the world market of services in the context of digitalization. The determining influence of the processes of digital transformation and digitalization of the services market on the state of international trade in services is studied. Contradictions and systemic problems of the development of the market under study are revealed. The potential growth opportunities of the service market, as well as the directions of its development, are identified. Attention is focused on the essence of the ongoing changes and the consequences of the functioning of new business models (in particular, digital platforms). The subject of the study is the digitalization of the global services market. The aim is to substantiate the potential opportunities and conditions for the development of the world market of services on the basis of systematization of theoretical approaches to the digitalization of the world market of services, to determine the specifics and consequences of this process. Research methods: empirical (comparison, statistical data processing), theoretical (study and generalization, analysis). Conclusions in accordance with the article. The analysis made it possible to determine the specifics of the digitalization of the services market, namely: a) the emergence of digital services in the context of the globality of the market and country concentration; c) the large-scale development of digital trade (domestic and cross-border), while maintaining geographical concentration (China, USA, EU, Japan, India); d) the emergence of a pronounced versatility of the services market (vertical integration of digital platforms); e) the absence of a large number of intermediaries; b) optimization of the impact of certain types of costs under the influence of technological advantages; e) additional opportunities to stimulate / limit competition through the digital format of relations; k) transformation of the traditional infrastructure of the service market and the emergence of technological advantages. Thus, the consequences of the digitalization of the services market are manifested in the following: - transformation of the structure and configuration of the services market and international trade in services, including the withdrawal of trade in real goods and services to the digital environment and the emergence of digital services; - the emergence of new opportunities for businesses to maneuver in the services market through digitalization, increasing the inclusiveness of trade in services and blurring the lines between domestic and cross-border trade and sectors in the digital economy; - strengthening global competition and moving it to the intangible sphere, which can be radical for traditional markets.
2. UNCTAD. Ofitsial'nyy sayt. URL: https://unctad.org/en/Pages/statistics.aspx
3. World Trade Report 2018: The future of world trade: How digital technologies are transforming global commerce. Geneva: WTO, 2018. P. 65-66.
4. Lopez-Gonzalez, J., Jouanjean, M.-A. (2017). Digital trade: developing a framework for analysis. OECD: OECD Trade Policy Papers, 205. 24 p.
5. Petrushkevich, E. N. (2020). K teorii «umnoy» sotsial'noy infrastruktury v osnovanii piramidy [On the theory of "smart" social infrastructure at the base of the pyramid]. Belorusskiy ekonomicheskiy zhurnal, 2. 153-159.
6. Raynert, E. S. (2011). Kak bogatye strany stali bogatymi, i pochemu, bednye strany ostayutsya bednymi [How rich countries became rich, and why, poor countries remain poor] / pod red. V. Avtonomova. Gos. un-t oy; Vysshaya shkola ekonomiki, 384 s.
7. Smirnov, E. N. (2019). Tsifrovaya transformatsiya mirovoy ekonomiki: torgovlya, proizvodstvo, rynki [Digital transformation of the world economy: trade, production, markets] Monografiya. M.: Mir nauki, Setevoe izdanie. URL: https://izd-mn.com/PDF/38MNNPM19.pdf
8. Pranevich, A. A. (2020). Monopolizatsiya global'nogo tsifrovogo prostranstva: rastushchie ugrozy dlya razvivayushchikhsya stran i vozmozhnosti preodoleniya [Global digital space monopolization: growing threats to the developing countries and the ways for its overcoming]. Vestnik Tverskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta. Seriya: Ekonomika i upravlenie, 4. 149-157.
9. Shkut'ko, O. N. (2017). Liberalizatsiya rynka uslug kak uslovie formirovaniya dinamicheskikh preimushchestv stran [Liberalization of the market services as a condition for forming the dynamic advantages of countries]. Nauchnyy rezul'tat. Ekonomicheskie issledovaniya, 2. 12-20.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.